What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 WiFi issues... Frustrating!!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRockSteady said:
Is this apples way of getting us to purchase 3G models? Haha! I'm using 32gb wifi...

I got 64 wi but iPad 3 will be a 32 3G

To the issue:
I notice that my wifi hates when I watch movies. It will stay on for the first 45 minutes and possibly cut off every 15-20 after. It's progress because before I got 4.3.4, it was knocking out whole network off every other day. I'm just coping until I go back to school and am able to set up my own remote server.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

mohamedfouad89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mohamedfouad89 said:
Well I have bought a new iPad2 three months ago from Dubai in UAE, when I was on a business trip there, and I returned back to Egypt, when I first used the iPad I found that it's very poor in wifi, so I thought that all the iPads had the same issue until last month my friend bought a new ipad2 and it's very good in wifi compared to my device, wherefore me I have to be next to the router so that the iPad will get a signal and it is always not complete signal, unlike my friend he get perfect signal from any room in the house, so I went to tradline an official reseller of apple products and he told me that my wifi device seems to be defective, and told me that it should be replaced in any apple store for free, so I want to get a contact to any apple store near my country, maybe even UAE, so that I can discuss that issue with them, so does any one have a direct email address to any contact person in any apple store?

I feel lucky because I got it both wifi and 3G but you can't download every thing using 3G, items over 20gb must be downloaded via wifi which takes me about a night to download a good application.

jp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johnpurlia.com
I'll chime in on this topic as well. For me, the problem seems to be edge of coverage within my home. I have an Airport Extreme upstairs, and use an Airport Express downstairs to extend the signal (through lathe and plaster walls, I might add). Downstairs my MacBook gets a steady, strong signal sitting beside my iPad which seems to very between one bar and—sometimes—two or three bars (but usually one). My iPad will stay up, but if it sleeps the likelihood of it awaking to a steady signal is, maybe, 50%. I can't imagine this is a hardware problem. I just think there is a problem with the network arbitration related to power management.

RichardDJones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slightly different problem: I know that the WiFi connection is working, I also know that the iPad 2 is connecting to the Internet, because Skype is working, but – no other Internet apps. appear to find the Internet, Safari says "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the Internet". Suggestions, please?

MacOsxPT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I found something...

Do you have your ipad2 connected to your wireless and you have also your computer at the same time?
I mean my problem is: I have a macbook pro and when I have ipad2 connected to my wireless sometimes, a lot of times, my mbp does not connect even cant get SSID.

Otherwise when my mbp is connected to my wireless network and I "wakeup" ipad2 it cant connect at all.. I have to turn off wireless and turn on again to it connect.

So in this case its some conflict between my mbp and ipad2

Finally when I have my ipad turned off I work in mbp with no problem the same happens when I have computer turned off I have my ipad2 connnected with no problem.

Aschuetze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Router firmware update

iPad 2 non 3G owner
No connectivity issues observed at home until updated iPad software
Had to stop and start wifi as others describe here constantly but only at home
Had my teenage son update the firmware on the DLink wireless router and problems are gone. Thanks to others who posted this solution.
I suggest others look into that solution as it was not difficult and makes sense since it connects at work and hotspots around town.

APS

Larusso45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my Ipad2 for over a year. Have had on again and off again wifi connections. Tried all the "Solutions" I found in the hundreds of post all over the net. Then, the problem went away. That is until I got the new iPad. Now , since the 16th, the new iPad connects all the time, but the ipad2 won't connect unless I do a "renew lease". This tells me that there is some sort of a conflict . I find it hard to believe that inspite thousands of ipad2 owners having the same problems, Apple does nothing.

UPdate: I was using WPA and read somewhere that it was better to use WPA2. Made the changed in the Router (Netgear WNR2000V1) and at least for now, both Ipads are connecting like they should. Could it be that easy?????

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts