What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Wifi Downgrade to ios 5.1.1. jailbreak

loucav26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 wifi, which used to be jailbroken on an older ios. I updated it to ios 7.0.3 and would like to downgrade it back to an ios that can be jailbroken.i have been trying to jailbreak it for days and I am having trouble. I was wondering if someone can help me. thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 wifi, which used to be jailbroken on an older ios. I updated it to ios 7.0.3 and would like to downgrade it back to an ios that can be jailbroken.i have been trying to jailbreak it for days and I am having trouble. I was wondering if someone can help me. thanks

Unless you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4 (any version) AND iOS 5.1.1, I'm afraid you cannot downgrade that iPad to any jail breakable version. And, I'm not sure if you can downgrade from iOS 7 even with those blobs (you could on iOS 6, but I've to heard about from iOS 7).

If you don't have those blobs, then there is no way to downgrade to jailbreak; you'll have to wait for the iOS 7 jail break.

If you do have the blobs, you'll need the redsn0w jailbreaking tool. Holler if you need help using it...

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
OP
L

loucav26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is what I tried. in redsn0w, I went to extras, even more, restore, IPSW, I selected this file iPad2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw redsn0w.jpg, then I selected iPad2,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw, device goes into recovery mode, then I get this redsn0w pic 2.jpg, then I click on local and I get this redsn0w pic 3.jpg so I select, 00000B0F38FA938A_4.1-8B117_cydia.shsh and it doesn't like my blobs. I tried remote also but I get this redsn0w pic 4.jpg

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's actually not possible. Build 8B117 is 4.1, and the iPad 2 Wifi model began on 4.3, and the Rev-A model back on 5.1, so iOS 4.1 never existed on the iPad 2. You're using blobs for another make and model of device. Blobs and/or APTickets must match that of your specific device

OP
L

loucav26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how can I find the blobs for my ipad? ECID -3419332181325
SN - DMQGKFYYDFHW
MC769LLA

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Did you ever save the blobs for your device (usually with Tiny Umbrella)? As willerz2 said, you can only used blobs specific to your device - and you must and can only save them at the time Apple was signing that firmware. In other words, you can't save them after the fact.

Marilyn

OP
L

loucav26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no i never saved the blobs for my device. i did not know the blobs are device specific. well thanks any. i guess my option is to wait for ios7 jailbreak.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have 5.1.1 blobs with valid APTickets. Your 6.1.2 blobs are fragmented and do not include APTickets, not that it matters at the moment since you cannot selectively restore to 6.1.2. Since you do not have iOS 4 blobs for your device, you cannot downgrade to 5.1.1

Most reactions