What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 wifi/3g all black..plus error code 2006

Ellie2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with my iPad 2 wifi/3G
I wanted to be none jailbroken so I tried to update to the latest firmware from iTunes, It downloaded fine and it started to process and do its thing , then after about 60% into the installation I get this unknown error code 2006 and the iPad seems to be "stuck" in DFU mode, its just all black and nothing happens if i try to reset it with the help of holding in power+home bottons , I've tried for as long as 60seconds and it won't turn on or anything, its just black.
I also tried using TinyUmbrella, because I read when searching for this problem on google, that TinyUmbrella could kick it out from DFU mode if its stuck, all I got was this ; http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8637/screenshot20110801at848.png
and it didn't seem to reboot at all, or anything,it was just still black..
If it didn't have any battery it wouldn't be able to "see" my iPad in TinyUmbrella , right? Or in iTunes sidebar? It shows "iPad" in the sidebar, and also when ever I plug the USB cable in, Im greeted with a pop up window saying that the iPad is in recovery mode and needs to be restored before it can be used in iTunes.
Im using the latest version of Mac osX Lion and I have a mid 2010 version of an iMac 27 and I'm using the latest iTunes.
Im out of ideas I cannot seem to fix this by myself, any ideas? Thanks!

OH! and I have tried different socks on the backside of my iMac with the USB cable, its the same. Just thought I should type that too..
And I have restarted the computer several times also..

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I've moved this to the JB section because I think the problem will be best dealt with by Members there.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, when you get that pop-up in iTunes, you don't get an option to select to start recovery?

If no, then follow this link to put your iPad into DFU mode: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html. I am assuming you have a fresh download of iOS 4.3.5, which is the latest firmware from Apple.

That should solve it. Good luck and let us know if it doesn't...

Marilyn

OP
E

Ellie2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn,
Its already in DFU mode, but when ever I try to restore I get error message from iTunes unknown error 2006 it says..
And I can't seem to get out of DFU mode.

Ellinor

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To get your device out of DFU mode, hold both home and power for 10 seconds. Then let go of both buttons, then press the power button. This should get any device out of DFU mode.
You cannot use TU to "fix recovery" on an iPad2, which is why you got the error before.

I suggest you follow this tutorial exactly, but instead of pressing option-restore to select a firmware such as 4.3.3, just press "restore" in iTunes and you should be restored to 4.3.5 exactly as you want...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

Most reactions

Latest posts