What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi Issues

Wr1terTyp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having an issue where my iPad 2 will not load the App Store or Web after opening the case cover. My network is checked and the wi-fi signal is at full strength but the App Store and Web screens just say "loading." I have to restart the iPad before the pages will load. Is there a reason why this is occurring? Do you recommend I take the tablet back to Apple?

Thank you!

Wr1terTyp3

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

My usual recommendations: 1) Restart or Reset the iPad, if not already done (directions below); 2) Power Recycle your modem & router, i.e. turn off each (or pull the plugs), wait a while, and sequentially re-power the modem first & then the router; 3) Forget the Network - go into Settings -> Wi-Fi, then open the dialog box for the active network and forget; re-establish a connection; and 4) Reset Network Settings - go into Settings -> General; pick 'Reset' @ the bottom and select 'Reset Network....'. Let us know if any of these suggestions helps - if not, please post back - good luck!

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
W

Wr1terTyp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, giradman! I reset the network and that seemed to do the trick. Thank you for all the help and suggestions!

Most reactions

Latest posts