iPad 2 was dropped but I'm getting a free replacement

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Vizzy285, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vizzy285

Vizzy285
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So I dropped my iPad 2 yesterday I broke my volume button and left a real nasty dent , to make a long story short there gonna replace for free it's called a one time replacement so if u got an iPad 2 that needs work bring it to apple ASAP they will replace no questions ask!

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Yes - Apple has a very customer-centric replacement policy. They realise that customers who get treated well tend to tell other customers of their great service and - guess what - they sell more iPads and iPhones. Thanks for letting us know.

Tim

3. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Most other companies won't do that but Apple respects users and will replace one time only with this type of situation. This option however may vary country to country so be aware.

4. Zcgofaster

Zcgofaster
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Did you originally purchase your ipad2 from an apple store? Did they ask you for a receipt? I bought mine from walmart and somehow I have a huge scratch on my screen that drives me nuts. It's deep too. It distorts colors and I can feel it under my finger. I do have light leakage and was gonna use that as an excuse to exchange it but if I can just use my "one free replacement" then I'll do that.

5. Guy1717

Guy1717
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I live in Belgium and my three weeks old Ipad2 has a one inch scratch in the middle of the screen, very annoying when reading stuff and also in viewing pics.
    I called Apple care in Belgium and they told me to go to a service center and there they told me there's nothing they can do, so if it annoys me i have to buy a new one. :confused:
    Another service center tells me they can replace the glass screen but they didn't know the cost yet, my guess about 150 to 200 euro.
    I have a cellphone of 4 years old with no cover on its screen and it looks better
    I take great care of my ipad and i use the smartcover all the time when its not in use, i really don't know where the scratch comes from.
    There seems to be a coating on top of the glass screen so this makes it very fragile.

Its a shame rules are not the same everywhere

6. Harters

Harters
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think America has much better customer service in general, so I don't think I would stand a chance of getting a replacement here in the UK if I was in the same situation :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

7. evalime

evalime
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I wish i was lucky as you, I ended dropping my ipad 2 only 3 feet of the ground and hitting the corner damaging the glass.
    Since the ipad 2 was only used less than one day of purchase I try exchanging it at the apple store where i had purchased it from but they didn't offer the exchange which some people had luck on doing. Their asking price to fix it was 300$...

8. vlg

vlg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    applecare

hi there

did you have applecare at the time? same thing happened to mine but i am nervous to ask for a replacement.

what did you say to them when you brought it in?

thanks !

vanessa

9. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    The truth. You dropped it. Apple will usually replace for accidents as a one time deal only.

#9 SweetPoison, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  10. HerbalTBag

HerbalTBag
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That's amazing I don't know any other company that would even think about doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.