What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 warranty

jameswilby5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am back with another quick question.

I have recently found someone who is selling me a iPad 2 32gb Black WiFi and I am going to collect it on Saturday. I had a quick question about the warranty. He is going to give me the receipt for the iPad aswell and I presume he will have used his card to buy it and it will be in his name. For the warranty to work will I have to change the name to mine or do I just need the receipt for it to work. The iPad is unopened if that makes a difference.

OP
J

jameswilby5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I will definitely do that. But if I take my ipad into an apple store if it is broken with the receipt will they just look it up and see I have registered it to me.

RebelR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure it doesn't matter but you can always do it online.

OP
J

jameswilby5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thnanks for all the replies. I will ring apple care centre and see what they say. I have to cancel my other iPad ordere anyway. :)

Pinkdixie22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad2 warranty

Hi
@wyclff you are right- the registration doesn't show the ipad2 so I tried registering my serial number under the iPad. Should I have waited? I didn't get a confirmation email from apple yet! Thanks for your input!

Ipad2 wi-fi + 3G 64gb white

Most reactions