1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 vs iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Girevik, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Girevik

Girevik iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all, and happy Thanksgiving,

We're looking to get my 9 year old son an iPad for Christmas and I'm looking at the iPad 2 and the Mini. I'm seeing some specials on the 2 for $299, so price is the same. I'm not sure I see a significant difference between the two when I look at specs. Would one be recommended over the other for any reason?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! :) Well, has your son had a chance to hold the iPads in question? Is he a small or a big 9 y/o? How will be use the device, e.g. browsing, games, reading etc.? I've had the iPad 2 for nearly 3 yrs (plan to upgrade to the Air early next year) and wife has had the iPad Mini for nearly a year - she loves the size and her main complaint is difficulty in reading her subscribed mags in the Zinio app. About all that I can offer - good luck in your selection. Dave

P.S. you might also want to search the forum - I just responded to a similar thread & the topic comes up occasionally.