What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 vs iPad Mini

Girevik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, and happy Thanksgiving,

We're looking to get my 9 year old son an iPad for Christmas and I'm looking at the iPad 2 and the Mini. I'm seeing some specials on the 2 for $299, so price is the same. I'm not sure I see a significant difference between the two when I look at specs. Would one be recommended over the other for any reason?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :) Well, has your son had a chance to hold the iPads in question? Is he a small or a big 9 y/o? How will be use the device, e.g. browsing, games, reading etc.? I've had the iPad 2 for nearly 3 yrs (plan to upgrade to the Air early next year) and wife has had the iPad Mini for nearly a year - she loves the size and her main complaint is difficulty in reading her subscribed mags in the Zinio app. About all that I can offer - good luck in your selection. Dave

P.S. you might also want to search the forum - I just responded to a similar thread & the topic comes up occasionally.

Most reactions

Latest posts