What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Video Issue

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never much cared about the video feature of the iPad 2, but it came handy when I forgot to take my Canon camcorder to a high school music event yesterday. I pulled my iPad out and videotaped the event successfully. On the way home my son was able to review his performance on the iPad and all was well. However, when I came home and transferred the files to my PC hard drive, the files (.mov) would only play the video and not the audio, i.e., no sound. Can't figure out what's happening. I'm wondering whether this is related to the fact that I turned the iPad sound control to off position when I videotaped the event. Although I did turn off the sound when I videotaped, we were able to hear just fine during the replay as I expected. It's only when I transferred the files to my hard drive the sound isn't working. Any ideas?

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never much cared about the video feature of the iPad 2, but it came handy when I forgot to take my Canon camcorder to a high school music event yesterday. I pulled my iPad out and videotaped the event successfully. On the way home my son was able to review his performance on the iPad and all was well. However, when I came home and transferred the files to my PC hard drive, the files (.mov) would only play the video and not the audio, i.e., no sound. Can't figure out what's happening. I'm wondering whether this is related to the fact that I turned the iPad sound control to off position when I videotaped the event. Although I did turn off the sound when I videotaped, we were able to hear just fine during the replay as I expected. It's only when I transferred the files to my hard drive the sound isn't working. Any ideas?

Is the sound still working on the iPad itself? If so, you might just need to download quicktime player or something. If nothing else works, you can get iMovie and upload to youtube.

Most reactions

Latest posts