What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2/ Viber

lobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated to IOS 6.0 ( from initial loaded prog ) have lost the ability to make free phone calls ?????. HELP

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming you were jailbroken, and using a Cydia app. If that's the case, unfortunately, there's no way back. Once you have updated your iOS you are stuck with it. You now have to play the waiting game and hope that the jailbreak for iOS 6 arrives soon.

I'm not jailbroken, and never have been, so I'm not familiar with this Viber thing that you mention. Was that your app for making free calls?

If you are in the US, Google Voice offers this functionality. It doesn't work elsewhere, though.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Viber app is not a jail break tweak. It's available in the App Store.

As to why it won't work after an upgrade to iOS 6, I don't know why. I tried to download it on my Mini (which is running iOS 6.0). When I downloaded it, I got this notice:

Viber is not fully compatible with iPod Touch and the iPad at the moment. We are working hard to make it happen; related updates are almost here.

Then, I was able to go right into the app and start installing my phone number. I had to stop because I'm not registered to this service. Do note that to get to the "Viber Setup" screen, I had to (1) make sure all Notifications were on (sound too) and that (2) I allowed Viber access to my Contacts.

So, what is happening when you try to use the app? Or, what is NOT happening? A little more detail may help us narrow the problem down.

Marilyn

Most reactions