What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah! Photos are great, no more emailing it to iPad.
When is iTunes 10.3 available? I've checked and it's still 10.2.
sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yeah! Photos are great, no more emailing it to iPad.

And of course what's really great, you buy a new iPhone, like you just have, open the box, type in your iTunes ID and password and it's fully set up with everything that was on your old iPhone, iPad, iWhatever!

The Archangel

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some very cool stuff coming but no widgets. Love the thumb typing also. Watched the whole show, Steve looked very thin and a lot less dynamic, his message & spirit looked strong though. Get well soon dude.

Now to read about the 200, yep, you heard me right, the 200 updates.

Love the iCloud features....and free, now that's a cool marketing strategy for an already established company. I am sure there are some economists out there who can explain the benefits of "free", you see it more and more these days.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Thank goodness, Richard, thought senility had settled in!. Are you keeping tabs on SJ keynote? It started at 6pm so I won't come back until afterwards

Too late It was one of those senior moments  

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just got back from school. Kids are still lazy and nothings has changed. Hubby was using tune in radio on my old 3GS but it ran iPhone down. He wants to listen to radio 2 but doesn't want the phone to run out of battery because it's his phone as well. What do I need to get rid of that is using the juice?

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Just checked my email, OSX Lion is £20.99 in the UK when it's released next month, sounds like a bargain!

The Archangel

It's a crazy price. Never seen anything like it....The Economics of Free or Nearly Free as in this case. Now there's a price that will most definitely deter piracy and encourage legitimate usage, finally someone is helping those who actually pay for what they use and not punishing the honest minority.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I'll pay it just to get off this stupid laptop. Hate my laptop! Lost my iTunes altogether now!

Quick update before work! Went to bed finally after midnight, managed to retrieve iTunes but was too tired to check it was 10.3.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How is everyone today? I finally got 10.3 and I'm trying to make space on my laptop as it's hard drive is overflowing!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
How is everyone today? I finally got 10.3 and I'm trying to make space on my laptop as it's hard drive is overflowing!

Zip the files or get an external hard drive. External hard drives are so cheap these days. Not trying to teach grandma how to suck eggs! :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
okay bright spark, grandma here! I've got a 500gb hard drive which Is nearly full and both laptop drives 60gb are filling up! the vista one is full but the data one has space but I'm not sure what I can take from vista and put into the data drive? Anyone help? I really need a TB hard drive to relieve pain but I'd really love a mac!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
okay bright spark, grandma here! I've got a 500gb hard drive which Is nearly full and both laptop drives 60gb are filling up! the vista one is full but the data one has space but I'm not sure what I can take from vista and put into the data drive? Anyone help? I really need a TB hard drive to relieve pain but I'd really love a mac!

Anything to help  .

That's a lot of data! Before I retired, I bought 3 high capacity flash drives and have a lot of data stored on them. The data has not degraded over the past 18 months.

I have also heard of people using an old PC as a back up server. It all depends on how much you hoard 

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, grandma back! 

Yes, I need to get rid of stuff, so here's the problem, what can I get rid of, what is needed, what is important? Do you see where I'm going here!

Sigh! I need a technician who is apple orientated and all the school guys are PC so they just palm me off with c..p about Windows being wonderful! Who blooming cares! I want to go Apple!

I'm scared to go back to the beginning and wipe pc. All my iTunes is on external hard drive.

Most reactions