What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Users In The UK

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim and Hayley. Photoshopped in the background....I wish....this place cost an arm and a leg, great that the suits are so cheap.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I love the swimming pool too.....and those blow-up toys...

Tim

I'm killing myself with laughter - I loved the pool too and the "toys". I'm green with envy - don't have a pool - that is the one thing I miss from SA

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way guys, I found 2 cool apps in the store whilst here

Zite....great personally styled news magazine
Qwiki.... A fantastic web based speaking encyclopaedia. Seriously I cannot plug this one enough.

Oh...also discovered the app for this forum, nearly 9 months wi the iPad 1 and I did not know this existed.

Anyone know how to change the profile pic, I never had one then as if by magic the iPad pic appeared, but I see that some of you have some personalised pics...how did you do that ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Here is the suit with me holding up the iPad 2 slightly. When the suit is on it I hard to tell one is carrying an iPad. It does not weigh the look of the suit down but you can feel it is there. To tell you the truth I saw a similar thing on the web....so replicated the idea from there. Why buy a ready made over the net suit when you can have 5 tailor made for the same price as 1.

Give me your feedback.

I'm sure they are really nice, hard to tell in a photo but I'll take your word for it.......that's a fraction of the price of my last suit!

Suits you sir!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:

Qwiki.... A fantastic web based speaking encyclopaedia. Seriously I cannot plug this one enough.

Oh...also discovered the app for this forum, nearly 9 months wi the iPad 1 and I did not know this existed.

Anyone know how to change the profile pic, I never had one then as if by magic the iPad pic appeared, but I see that some of you have some personalised pics...how did you do that ?

Not sure myself but the others say it's got to be done on the pc. I use this app all the time, I find it a lot quicker to use.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

From the web Forum page, click on User CP (User Control Panel) and a panel opens up on the left hand side of the screen and you can upload a picture from a PC there or, if you have something like MobileMe iDisk, point to a URL that's in your iDisk.

Tim

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Hayley. I will investigate the PC route. Because I have some geeky tendencies I just looked and we have the most number of threads in the iPad international users forum. Go Brits.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
From the web Forum page, click on User CP (User Control Panel) and a panel opens up on the left hand side of the screen and you can upload a picture from a PC there or, if you have something like MobileMe iDisk, point to a URL that's in your iDisk.

Tim

Hell, I was just going to add that but couldn't remember the user CP bit!

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can it be done through safari on the iPad then ?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Thanks Hayley. I will investigate the PC route. Because I have some geeky tendencies I just looked and we have the most number of threads in the iPad international users forum. Go Brits.

Are we really, gosh spiffing what! Does that mean we don't have a life though, Cool? Yes, go Brits indeed. I'm sure Sweet P has the most in US 5000+. So we are in good company with her, I just love Sweet P, she has the same humour as us with our other Brit moderators, Tim and Leigh.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Can it be done through safari on the iPad then ?

Yes, or Atomic Browser, which is the other one I use.

Oh heck, I'm not sure now because I haven't done it myself. I tried to do it on safari and atomic browser but it was grey so not sure now. Ask Tim, he's the font of all knowledge apart from Leigh. Sorry Cool!

Last edited:
OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried with both those Hayley....you can load a web pic but not from the iPads photo gallery. I will do it on my pc when I get home tomorrow. Thanks though.

My uploads to this page will fall as I will be back at work....sadly I have to have a life !!!! Still it is a great one !!!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
Just tried with both those Hayley....you can load a web pic but not from the iPads photo gallery. I will do it on my pc when I get home tomorrow. Thanks though.

My uploads to this page will fall as I will be back at work....sadly I have to have a life !!!! Still it is a great one !!!

Ditto! Back to my school job with students who are still in holiday mood!

OP
iPad 2 is cool

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must have supernatural powers. I wished the sun away...and would you believe it is raining here in the desert. I kid you not.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
I must have supernatural powers. I wished the sun away...and would you believe it is raining here in the desert. I kid you not.

Rain in the desert! Unbelievable! Sorry though it's still sunny and hot here! Yes, in the uk! I have to keep pinching myself.

Most reactions

Latest posts