What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 UK

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 arrived here in the UK yesterday. I stood inline for two hours fo my 64gb wifi version. Very good humoured crowd.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 arrived here in the UK yesterday. I stood inline for two hours fo my 64gb wifi version. Very good humoured crowd.

Great to hear. There were long queues in Aberdeen, so I 'chickened out' and decided to order on-line. Let us know your experiences with the iPad2

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same here. Queued for two hours despite preordering. Worth it thought as they sold out halfway through.
Feet tired but glad I did :)

Crazycatlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comet inReading people were waling in at 4.50pm and able to still get the iPad of their choice.

OP
fixerman

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far very impressed. Some issues with wifi but could be my router. Virginmedia Superhub!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far very impressed. Some issues with wifi but could be my router. Virginmedia Superhub!

If the WiFi issues persist don't hesitate to post for help. You'll be surprised at how many replies you'll get - probably too many!!!

Tim
Scotland

OP
fixerman

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If the WiFi issues persist don't hesitate to post for help. You'll be surprised at how many replies you'll get - probably too many!!!

Tim
Scotland

Thanks Tim! I suspect it might be the router. There is a whole bunch of issues on the Cable Forum regarding the Virginmedia Superhub. If I have more questions I will be back on here.

OP
fixerman

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppleCare

I called AppleCare today about my wifi dropping out. I was answered immediately by a polite young lady in Newcastle. She talked me through a reset on my network connection. She offered to send me a replacement if the problem persists. We shall see.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called AppleCare today about my wifi dropping out. I was answered immediately by a polite young lady in Newcastle. She talked me through a reset on my network connection. She offered to send me a replacement if the problem persists. We shall see.

Great to hear. Let us know if the problem is fixed - or whether you need a replacement. Did she mention the 4.3 -> 4.3.1 iOS upgrade?

Tim
Scotland

OP
fixerman

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Great to hear. Let us know if the problem is fixed - or whether you need a replacement. Did she mention the 4.3 -> 4.3.1 iOS upgrade?

Tim
Scotland

No mention of the software upgrade. The problem still persists so I shall call up again today. I got an email from AppleCare asking me to complete a customer service survey.

OP
fixerman

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fixerman said:
No mention of the software upgrade. The problem still persists so I shall call up again today. I got an email from AppleCare asking me to complete a customer service survey.

Called AppleCare again today. The agent suggested that I go for a full backup and restore. I did and so far I have not experienced any wifi drop outs.

OP
fixerman

fixerman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fixerman said:
Called AppleCare again today. The agent suggested that I go for a full backup and restore. I did and so far I have not experienced any wifi drop outs.

Just an update. My problem is solved by the restore. My wifi has been rock steady ever since!

Most reactions