What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 to ipad3 weight difference

tiffy83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or those who owned the iPad 2 and upgraded to the 3 how obviously is the weight difference. Does the iPad 3 feel a lot heavier then the 2?

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't own an iPad 2 but I now own a 3 and in the shop compared the weight difference. The iPad 3 is heavier but not by alot. It's noticeable side by side but after a day I'd say you wouldn't be none the wiser unless you had an iPad 2 to hand as well.

Sent from my iPad 3

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I had the new ipad for 4 days before we realized it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tiffy83 said:
Or those who owned the iPad 2 and upgraded to the 3 how obviously is the weight difference. Does the iPad 3 feel a lot heavier then the 2?

No.

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I compared two wifi iPads today. My iPad 3 Wifi, and my dads iPad 2 wifi. I notice a weight difference, quite a lot actually. After a while of holding, the iPad 2 is much much comfier and nicer to hold. Although the iPad 3 is better in every other respect :)

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DanBarraclough04 said:
I compared two wifi iPads today. My iPad 3 Wifi, and my dads iPad 2 wifi. I notice a weight difference, quite a lot actually. After a while of holding, the iPad 2 is much much comfier and nicer to hold. Although the iPad 3 is better in every other respect :)

Really? It is just a little ove 1.5 ounce difference. I find them completely interchangeable comfort-wise.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
Maybe thinking about it makes it seem heavier.

It's a mind thing.....once you know it is heavier, your mind just confirms the idea.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. I know it is heavier but I also know it took me 4 days to realize it so for me, mentally, it is a wash. Technically the 3 is my wife's ipad so that is how little of an issue it is. We were playing that stupidly addictive drawing game all weekend.

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's heavier and noticeable, especially if you owned the 2 for a while. But I don't consider it a problem, really.

Sent from my IPad (3rd Gen)

Most reactions

Latest posts