1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad 2 sync question.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by spsssw, Aug 27, 2011.

1. spsssw

spsssw iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all

Can someone tell me where do all the apps are stored on PC?
    I have windows 7 ,latest itunes.

I am going to reformat this PC soon ...so I don't have to re-buy all the apps right ? Even if I can re-download purchased apps, it will take quite a lot of time to download them all again.

Can I back up the apps ... say, to a thumb drive. I'm going to buy an ipad for my kid so I want to have those apps I purchased so far ready for syncing.
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Goto preferences in iTunes and it will tell you the location of your iTunes media library. Just copy all this off onto your spare drive

Before you do all this just make sure you backup your iPad as this will ensure all apps and stuff are copied over.
  3. The Alternative

The Alternative iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    In Windows 7 click the Start icon, then Music>iTunes>iTunes Media (All your iPad media is stored in this folder under various other named folders - i.e. Music, Books, Apps, etc.) Hope this helps.