What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 "Stylus"? Why So Fat?

JerryBrendle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there such a thing out there as a "stylus" that's usable for some of the handwriting note pad apps that has a finer more usable tip? Everything I've found has a big clumbsy tip that's a quarter inch wide and a soft spongy material. This renders them practically useless in doing detailed writing or drawing.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Search for the DIY stylus thread on here.

Basically, the iPad tracks the size of the touch and guesses (via massive algorithms and math stuff) the actual center of the touch. That's why styli are so thick.

The DIY thread has a very innovative stylus that takes that guesswork out of the iPad's...er...hands...

EDIT: search for "best iPad stylus - ultra fine point" and you should find it. I'd link you to it, but I can't copy thread urls from the forum app.

Last edited:

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Magical Powers. LOL.

I am not on my iPad ~ nor do I ever use our IPF app.:D

Cheater!

I thought I had missed something!

SweetPoison said:
I think you can do it, though, babe. I don't see why you can't just copy and paste?
As far as I can tell, the thread urls aren't viewable and, thus not copyable. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts