What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 --Started without connecting to iTunes....

sunnyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just bought another iPad 2 for my brother in India. :). A brand new iPad 2 in a white box from best buy. I have couple of questions and hope the forum members would help. Thank you.

1. As i unboxed , i pressed the Home button, and the iPad screen didn't show the connect to itunes logo,instead led me thru' a series of steps like registering for itunes/apple password and it just started on its own. It works fine though ,however i found this to be weird to start without connecting to itunes. Is this considered "normal" for recent iPad 2's to start without itunes ?.

2. What kind of travel adapter would you suggest for use in India /240V ?. I was suggested to purchase a world adapter kit from apple store for $39.00 ,but i would use only one adapter and the rest wouldn't be of any use ? Could you suggest an adapter to use in India ?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Not sure about an adaptor, but as to your first question, this was introduced in ios 5, to make it possible to use the iPad PC free.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need a voltage converter,the iPad charger is designed to handle voltages up to 240 volts. You will,however,need an Indian plug adaptor. Check various online retailers for Indian plug adaptor. You should have no trouble finding one.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts