What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 smart cover is horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The smart cover is horrible. It makes black and white spots on the side of the ipad. The grey part of the metal on the cover is totally damaged after one week of use, it dosen't even protect the back of the ipad and it cost 45 dollars !!!! Am I the only one that is disapointed with apple on this one ?

Last edited by a moderator:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very disappointed. Gave mine away after only 10 minutes use.

-t

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm surprised you had to purchase it to figure that out.

Your iPad is still cool though.

OP
tremblayd

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rog said:
I'm surprised you had to purchase it to figure that out.

Your iPad is still cool though.

I bought the smart cover and my ipad the first sale day so I thought it would better then it actually is.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same here. There were no iPad 2 cases available from third parties yet when I ordered mine, so I ordered a smart cover. Piece of junk...

-t

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my cover. It's grey. I like using the stand to support the iPad in two positions and how it places the iPad in sleep mode when you cover it. I think it's slick.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hated the fact that it offered no protection to anything other than the screen, no drop protection at all, could not support being held in the left hand without the cover flopping all around making it practically useless for holding your iPad while using it...

I ended up replacing it with a Uniq cover that also supports the auto on and off feature, protects the entire device and can support the unit on a table in portrait or landscape.

The only thing I dislike about the case is I cannot use the keyboard dock while in the case, but that's a minor inconvenience.

-t

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeh it definitely is horrible, also returned mine after testing it out. Definitely not worth the $

vo0oZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tremblayd said:
The smart cover is horrible. It makes black and white spots on the side of the ipad. The grey part of the metal on the cover is totally damaged after one week of use, it dosen't even protect the back of the ipad and it cost 45 dollars !!!! Am I the only one that is disapointed with apple on this one ?

Hi, I have an IPad smart leather cover, any pointers on to how to avoid the black white spots from happening, cuz I don't understand how this could happen. I just got it's new.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
I hated the fact that it offered no protection to anything other than the screen, no drop protection at all, could not support being held in the left hand without the cover flopping all around making it practically useless for holding your iPad while using it...

I ended up replacing it with a Uniq cover that also supports the auto on and off feature, protects the entire device and can support the unit on a table in portrait or landscape.

The only thing I dislike about the case is I cannot use the keyboard dock while in the case, but that's a minor inconvenience.

-t

Which cover did you get?

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are you talking about with the black and white spots? My wife has a smart cover on hers. Guess I will go have a look.

OP
tremblayd

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vo0oZ said:
Hi, I have an IPad smart leather cover, any pointers on to how to avoid the black white spots from happening, cuz I don't understand how this could happen. I just got it's new.

Some of the spots get off with a little water but there are some that still stay there. I would be careful when placing it and removing it. I just bought a zagg screen and back protector but i haven't applied it yet so i would imagine that the back protector would prevent the spots on the ipad. As soon as i get my ipad back, i will post pictures of the spots.

Ps. The zagg full body coverage is 45$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions