What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 screen?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that, my smile for the day! Of course I was asking about the glass. The reason I really wanted to know is because if it is ceramic like oven tops, sugar can do major damage to the glass!
Is that picture of what looks like the inside of an iPad real or part of the spoof? Has anyone looked inside an iPad and taken a picture? How I would LOVE to see that!
Sorry I'm straying from the glass thread but figure you guys are so well informed you would be the best one's to ask, and since I have your attention I am asking. Sorry ( not too much ) for going off topic! :) the photo I was referring to was in laugh of the day, by SparkyScott21 posted on 04-04-2013 @ 1:14 PM

you DO realize that the Stove app from itunes does not really heat up hot enough to cook on, right? So sugar is not a problem.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
you DO realize that the Stove app from itunes does not really heat up hot enough to cook on, right? So sugar is not a problem.

Ya ya but the stove expert said the sugar can eat into the glass without heat. Maybe he thought I am as gullible as you do! Which BTW I AM!!! :) my friends take every advantage they can. Once a dear friend told me he had an orphan baby moose and could he please bring it to the place I was renting - 3 acres! I said OH YES I love moose's and baby animals. Of course their was no baby moose and to this day I don't believe anything he tells me! Squib.

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya ya but the stove expert said the sugar can eat into the glass without heat. Maybe he thought I am as gullible as you do!

Without the gullible "actors" (you all ):eek: I have no stage.

As for sugar eating glass, I doubt it strongly. Then again, there are many types of sugar. Did you know milk will eat paint? There are formulas for "Sugar Glass: but that is a different thing entirely. Widely used to make prop winders and other "glass" breakables.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that, my smile for the day! Of course I was asking about the glass. The reason I really wanted to know is because if it is ceramic like oven tops, sugar can do major damage to the glass!
Is that picture of what looks like the inside of an iPad real or part of the spoof? Has anyone looked inside an iPad and taken a picture? How I would LOVE to see that!
Sorry I'm straying from the glass thread but figure you guys are so well informed you would be the best one's to ask, and since I have your attention I am asking. Sorry ( not too much ) for going off topic! :) the photo I was referring to was in laugh of the day, by SparkyScott21 posted on 04-04-2013 @ 1:14 PM

image-670048496.jpg

*Courtesy of Apple Insider

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Z! Not nearly as complicated as I thought it would be! I think I like your first photo better...:)

Most reactions

Latest posts