What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 screen wearing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tseg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 since the first day it came out in the U.S. and I love it. Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago I purchases a game app that requires quick repetitive swipes on the screen and after a couple of days of use now I have a spot in the middle of my screen about 4" long and 2" wide where the oleophoebic coating is worn off. If I wipe it down with water and a cloth or whatever that spot clearly shows up as not having a coating any more and as a result, gets marked up quickly, quickly gets a tacky feel and is hard to wipe clean.

I take it I'm screwed. Any other suggestions?

Apps that require quick swiping of the screen should include warnings in the description that damage to the iPad screen may result.

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or contact Apple, I really don't think it should wear off like that, under normal use.

---
- Mistress of Mischief

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take it to an apple store before u put a cover on it. That should not happen.

vincent_5637

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sweat...
freaking me out!!!
i trust Apple, that's why i didn't put any screen protector!!!
if u are serious, i think i have to think twice about that :mad:

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg is a drag. Can't beat nude for feel. Take it to Apple.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a screen protector on mine and it works perfectly fine... not Zagg, I think it's Easi-cover, self healing stuff. Makes no difference at all to the playability.

I have allowed my children, reluctantly, to play games on my iPad. I have noticed that whilst myself and 13yo daughter gently touch the glass and swipe just as gently, my son presses hard and swipes like he's slapping it! So he has had some training in using it properly. It doesn't make a difference to any game play whether you swipe hard or gentle, the glass is uber responsive to touch of any kind.

OP
T

Tseg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok...bought Zagg smudge-proof screen as recommended in an earlier post. It was bad, pixelated, prismed, blurry. After a week I took it off. Can you believe that sticky backing to the Zagg screen corrected my "worn spot" issue?

No longer is there a spot that accumulates finger prints easier, gets tacky or clearly is revealed when breathed on. The entire screen is silky smooth.

In other words, rather than my having a worn spot, I now realize I had a "corrupted" spot with funk on it, that I now suspect was related to use of a rubber tipped stylus. Cleaning the spot with water and micro-fiber towel did not fix, nor even my use of Goo-Off as a last resort, but the sticky backing on the Zagg protector was enough to do the trick.

Problem solved... Now working on the Zagg protector return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions