What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 screen rotation

hrobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my last stop before taking my ipad to a repair genious or replacing it. My screen does not rotate. I have read many threads and tried everything I can think of or have read. Re-boots do not help. Resetting and starting from scratch did not help. I have checked and rechecked buttons and settings. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate comments.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is my last stop before taking my ipad to a repair genious or replacing it. My screen does not rotate. I have read many threads and tried everything I can think of or have read. Re-boots do not help. Resetting and starting from scratch did not help. I have checked and rechecked buttons and settings. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate comments.

Hi there! Welcome to iPF!
Did you also check the multitask bar?

image-4268440940.jpg

The way you see it on my picture, it's not locked. If you see a padlock in the middle of that 'circle', tap it once to unlock it.

Last edited:
OP
H

hrobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks J. A. I think i have tried that about 100 times. Nothing seems to correct it.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks J. A. I think i have tried that about 100 times. Nothing seems to correct it.

I'm sure you've checked and done this, but I have to ask just in case.

In settings general what is the setting on Use The Side Switch? Switch to the other choice what ever it is on, move the slide switch towards the end it is closest to, change it back to what it was, cycle the slide switch down then Bach up, select the original choice for use and see if your screen rotates. Remember, it will not rotate for any iPhone apps (don't know why) or on the home or lock screens.

Attachments

• image-1704190230.jpg
    image-1704190230.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 288
OP
H

hrobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I have tried this so many times. Does not seem to make any changes. I don't know of any other areas where any settings are located. I have completely erased and re-configured the Ipad a few times as well. The only thing I have not tried is dropping it on the floor and jumping up and down on it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only other possibility that I know of would be in Settings - General - Physical & Motor - Assistive Touch. If it's turned on, a button appears in one corner of your iPad. Tap it, and this appears:

image-3572247281.jpg

If you tap "Device", you'll see:

image-3886544755.jpg

This way you're able to rotate your screen manually. (Which wasn't your intention, I guess.)

If you've already tried everything we suggested, there will be nothing else left to do than taking it to repair. Sorry!

Last edited:
OP
H

hrobert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can rotate the screen manually using the assistive touch. Thanks, this helps me out enough so I don't have to spend money on repairs right now.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can rotate the screen manually using the assistive touch. Thanks, this helps me out enough so I don't have to spend money on repairs right now.

I'm glad that my last suggestion was useful.

Most reactions

Latest posts