What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Screen Protectors....Any suggestions???

iJdotLeal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.jleal.whyambitworks.com
So, on my first iPad, I used powersupportusa screen protector with the clear film, only because it was the magnet kind, I've been hearing that the adhesive glue thats on most of these screen protectors eventually ruins the screen. With the new iPad out, anyone got any suggestions on what they are using, and where they got it, and if it can be bought in stores??? Thanks!

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iluv glare-free ipad 2 screen protector. I don't believe the screen protectors actually ruin the screen in any way - people just speculated, and like to hype up different ideas. I have used/switched adhesive screen protectors on all of my devices, and not once had any issues.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't use any type of screen protector on my original iPad because it doesn't need it. I cleaned my screen at least 4 or 5 times a day for 10-months and I never had any issues. In fact, I just sold it to an online company who gave me top dollar because the screen was in "like new" condition. Why cover up such a gorgeous screen for no reason?

OP
I

iJdotLeal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.jleal.whyambitworks.com
Tarkio said:
I didn't use any type of screen protector on my original iPad because it doesn't need it. I cleaned my screen at least 4 or 5 times a day for 10-months and I never had any issues. In fact, I just sold it to an online company who gave me top dollar because the screen was in "like new" condition. Why cover up such a gorgeous screen for no reason?

Well the reason for the screen protector is, just that, protection, it's an expensive device, not only that, I have kids. The last screen protector I had u almost couldn't tell it was there.

Sent from my iPad 2 thanks to Ambit Energy using iPF

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the 1 from day one and sold mine easily before I got the 2 as well. It was still in excellent condition. And I have never used a screen protector on my iPads or iPhones. It's never been an issue. The screens are hard to scratch. I've seen some screen protectors on others and from the look of them I'd almost rather have a scratch.

Besides, they are not museum pieces!

Everyone's different I know but it seems like putting things between you and it decreases the enjoyment of it.

Relax. Use some common sense and use it as naked as the day it was born and you'll be fine.

Mskjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm concerned because of the smart cover

I'm getting a screen cover of some kind, just haven 't decided which.
I have the smart cover and worry that grit or sand will get onto the microfiber side while I have it open and then scratch the screen when I close it up. I put felt pads on the back and want a sleeve with wrist strap if I can find one.
Jon

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a screen protector on my Droid and will get one for my iPad 2 when it arrives. I know, the screens are tough, but it only takes one scratch. I recommend Zagg. Expensive, but doesn't seem to change the sensitivity, tough, easy to apply and doesn't show finger prints like a naked screen.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting a screen cover of some kind, just haven 't decided which.
I have the smart cover and worry that grit or sand will get onto the microfiber side while I have it open and then scratch the screen when I close it up. I put felt pads on the back and want a sleeve with wrist strap if I can find one.
Jon

That's not the way microfiber works. Microfiber cloths are recommended by car detail freaks and high-end optical lens producers (used dry) because the microfibers pull any dirt or grit up into the fiber and don't allow it to abrade the surface. Simply brush off the inside of the case occasionally and shake out your microfiber cleaning cloth.

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to give the myGear screen protectors a try. I'm not willing to spend $20-$30 on a single screen protector from SGP or Powersupport. I'm not necessarily the best at applying these things, so sometimes the first one does not take without air bubbles or dust spots. I ordered 2 clear and 2 anti-glare protectors (4 total) from myGear via Amazon for $15 due to their 50% off deal. I wrote a thread about the deal here:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/21996-mygear-screen-protectors.html

Also, you could get a 4-pack of either clear or anti-glare for $20 which is still a good deal. I used Radtech screen protectors on my first iPad and if these are anything like that, then I will be very happy!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ITA. I have met a few people ~ and we were playing with our Ipads, and I noticed that their screens looked different. Like dull and just didn't pop like mine did when side by side. They had screen protectors on.

Also ~

My co-worker seemed to tap commands multiple times to make the screen obey.

I will never have a screen protector ~ that glass is so durable, IMO.

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ITA. I have met a few people ~ and we were playing with our Ipads, and I noticed that their screens looked different. Like dull and just didn't pop like mine did when side by side. They had screen protectors on.

Also ~

Anti-Glare screen protectors will make the screen look dull in comparison, but they do have their benefits. As for screen sensitivity, that does not change. I always use some sort of screen protector on my devices, and even the cheap ones off ebay don't take away from screen sensitivity. I've never experience the screen not responding properly to my taps or gestures with or without a screen protector.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Also ~

Anti-Glare screen protectors will make the screen look dull in comparison, but they do have their benefits.

Ya know ~ I do believe that they were Anti-Glare ~ just thought of that! So there must be a need for that, apparently ~ do you think one uses their iPad out side often to warrant Anti-Glare?

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Also ~

Anti-Glare screen protectors will make the screen look dull in comparison, but they do have their benefits.

Ya know ~ I do believe that they were Anti-Glare ~ just thought of that! So there must be a need for that, apparently ~ do you think one uses their iPad out side often to warrant Anti-Glare?

I think they are useful indoors as well, just depends on the lighting situation. My office tends to be bright and I have no control over it, so it came in handy. With that said, I'll probably be trying out the clear screen protector this time around.

Daftgiraffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a big worry for me. My hubby is a carpenter, and takes his iPad to work every day. I had an Enki screen protector on it for a while, but the did eventually get scratched. I thought I might try the Zagg shield, but after only 1 month, it has a HOLE in it. (it was also a pain in the butt to apply!)
Obviously, in this situation, I think I might have to settle for replacing the protector every few months... But I am wondering which products will do the best job (I.e. Remain clear and protect the screen for the longest) vs price, so that I can get value for money.

This poor iPad truly goes through iPad hell every day... Lol

rita1027

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I using privacy pad

So, on my first iPad, I used powersupportusa screen protector with the clear film, only because it was the magnet kind, I've been hearing that the adhesive glue thats on most of these screen protectors eventually ruins the screen. With the new iPad out, anyone got any suggestions on what they are using, and where they got it, and if it can be bought in stores??? Thanks!
Did you use the privacy pad?My friend introduce this privacy pad,so ,i bought one from 1ideacase .It's package very cool.When i use my ipad ,nearby can't see my screen clearly.I just cost us$29,now,it's us$39.

Most reactions

Latest posts