What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 screen locked and won't reboot.....Help!!

OP
W

worldtramper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right I've just connected my iPad to a laptop. iTunes recognised it and the laptop has iTunes open BUT I have a information bar that says " To allow access,please respond on your iPad"
This is the pulsating bar I spoke of that I can't get past because I can't response to the request on my iPad as I can't use the slide part of my pad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right I've just connected my iPad to a laptop. iTunes recognised it and the laptop has iTunes open BUT I have a information bar that says " To allow access,please respond on your iPad"
This is the pulsating bar I spoke of that I can't get past because I can't response to the request on my iPad as I can't use the slide part of my pad.
Try ignoring whatever shows up on your iPad screen and follow the instructions that Johanna linked to in her earlier post. Unless you are on iOS 7 with find my iPhone turned on, your iPad should be restored to factory settings with no need to do anything on the iPad screen until the process is complete.

OP
W

worldtramper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't wish to be ungrateful for everyone's help but I seem to be going around in circles.
As per previous post I have posted above -

I can't turn my pad off with the on/off button(because it hasn't worked in years?) which in turn means I can't do a simple system restore.

I can't get past the message on my laptop as I can't slide the iPad.

So where does that leave? Any ideas from people who have read my replies and understand my problem??

OP
W

worldtramper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reply to Scifan57
Nothing shows up on my pad screen the only message I get is on my laptop to say respond on my iPad.

OP
W

worldtramper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am on ios7 (latest) and May have find my phone turned on as well??

OP
W

worldtramper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait for some time - a few minutes, maybe, and don't do anything. Does this message disappear after a while?

Most reactions

Latest posts