Ipad 2 screen frozen !!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by girv44, Aug 11, 2013.

1. girv44

girv44
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    HI, CAN U HELP ME MY DAUGHTERS IPAD 2 SCREEN TOTALLY FROZEN SO WHEN U TRY TO SWIP THE SCREEN IT DOES NOTHING AND CANT SWIP TO SHUT DOWN IPAD ETC thanks all

2. HardMetalAlchemy

HardMetalAlchemy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Try resetting the iPads by holding down the home button and power button together until the apple logo appears.

3. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

HardMetalAlchemy's advice should fix the issue you are having with your iPad. But it may take 20 to 30 seconds before the Apple logo does appear, so be patient.

Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

4. TrueBeauty

TrueBeauty
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hold down the lock screen button and the home button at the same time for about 10 to 15 secs. This will reboot the iPad! Hope it works

5. Glm091258

Glm091258
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have same problem but my home button is broke so I use the virtual one. When I hold down power button I can't see the power off slide and I can't do a hard restart because my virtual home key is stuck too.

6. LHIsaacs

LHIsaacs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My IPad2 is frozen with the Apple logo showing. Home and Power just bring it back, but after that I can't get it do anything. I've tried letting the battery run all the way down...no luck.

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Does itunes recognize the iPad if you connect to your computer?

8. LHIsaacs

LHIsaacs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No, it doesn't seem to. It does recognize my Iphone when I plug it in.

9. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi LHIsaacs - I'm assuming that when you are doing the 'Reset', i.e. holding both the HOME and the ON/OFF buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, the iPad fails to reboot - correct? Please provide some further information: 1) What iOS is installed; 2) What type of computer are you using (PC or Apple); 3) Is iTunes up to date; and 4) Do you have a recent backup of the iDevice either on the computer and/or in the cloud? Also, have you sought advice from Apple, e.g. over the phone or at a local store?

The 'last ditch' maneuver to try is DFU mode - Device Firmware Update - there is a dedicated thread in this forum HERE; some googling will also provide a bunch of hits, such as this LINK - I've never needed to use this mode, so you're on your own unless others w/ some DFU experience 'chime in' w/ advice.

Finally, are you sure the battery is charging? If not, you probably need to take the device into a local Apple store or an authorized Apple repair service for some diagnostics or, of course, buy a new iPad. Good luck and let us know your results. Dave :)

10. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If your iPad does require repair, the cost will be more than the current value of your iPad. I second Dave's recommendation to take the opportunity to upgrade.

#10 scifan57, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016