What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Screen Burn?

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm having some problems with "screen burn" on my iPad 2. When ever I exit (or "minimize", if you will.) an app, a small transparent ghost-like image of the prevous app will appear in the corners . It never shows in any of the areas where a lot of movement is happening, only in places like the uper half of the screen, near the status bar.

Now, sometimes it doesn't happen, and other times it's harder to see, but it's started happening quite often. I read around on the Internet, and some said that you had to send it to Apple to get a new one. Do I really have to do this? Can I just wipe it, then restore it, or is it a hardware thing? Thanks for your help!!

Also, it's an iPad 2, 16 GB not jailbroken, running the iOS 5.1.1

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the first time I have heard of this and it does sound like a hardware problem. I'm afraid the only solution is to return it. Has this happened from the beginning or just gotten worse over time? I would option to return it for a new one.

OP
Hopper200456

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how long it has been happening because it can be hard to tell if its there or not sometimes. But it has at least been happening for 4 months. It was really bad last night, but now it's gone again. But it does that. I think I'll call Apple and see if they know anything about it, and if they think I should return it as well.

Thanks for your help. :)

OP
Hopper200456

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I noticed the previous app I had up faintly showing up through other apps I was using, which doesn't normally happen...

OP
Hopper200456

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I went in and apple gave me a replacement iPad. After using the replacement iPad for awhile, I noticed I was having THE SAME SCREEN BURN ISSUE! On a new iPad?! Should I contact apple again??? Is anyone else having this problem?? It's driving me crazy!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopper200456 said:
Today I went in and apple gave me a replacement iPad. After using the replacement iPad for awhile, I noticed I was having THE SAME SCREEN BURN ISSUE! On a new iPad?! Should I contact apple again??? Is anyone else having this problem?? It's driving me crazy!

Before taking it in to Apple again you might want to try this. Try turning your iPad off for 24-48 hours, then turn it back on. I heard that this MAY work.

OP
Hopper200456

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. Thank you for the advice. I assume you mean completely off? Not just sleep mode? I'll try it tomorrow.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopper200456 said:
Okay. Thank you for the advice. I assume you mean completely off? Not just sleep mode? I'll try it tomorrow.

Yes, completely off. There is no guarantee it will work, though. Another trip to the Apple store may be in order.

Most reactions

Latest posts