What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 screen burn

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm starting to see screen burn on my iPad 2.. Its at the top of the screen where the Address bar lies in safari. I thought this was unheard of on iPad 2's?

OP
F

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
thats quite a concern. i too have been advised previously in forums that screen burn isnt an issue. hmmm...

Will post a pic..

ejonesss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
should not happen on lcd displays.although the ipads are made in china and i have heard of some horror stories about apple products and their manufacturing.it may be possible that to save money they used low quality lcds or it is a bad display.it probably is a fingerprint smudge caused by using the off slider a lot the slider is in the address bar part of the screen.

lphong1148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please post a picture. I just got my iPad & very interested in this screen burn. Thanks!:eek:

jmccamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine looks like it has screen burn sometimes near the bottom but it occurs only when a static image is in the same spot for a while. It seems temporary. More then screen burn it looks like a slight yellow tinge.

I spent too much time over-thinking a similar issue on my iMac but my advice is that if it isn't generally noticeable, I wouldn't let it bother you.

OP
F

Fluidz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmccamb said:
Mine looks like it has screen burn sometimes near the bottom but it occurs only when a static image is in the same spot for a while. It seems temporary. More then screen burn it looks like a slight yellow tinge.

I spent too much time over-thinking a similar issue on my iMac but my advice is that if it isn't generally noticeable, I wouldn't let it bother you.

After some more testing using different blank coloured backgrounds I've found that it is temporary and fades after a while.

Most reactions

Latest posts