What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Safari can't save webpage to homepage

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though I try to save a webpage via homepage it doesn't save the page.

Is there a way to remove & reinstall Safari?

Starman0020

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens when you try to do this? How does Safari react? Is this a new problem or have you always had this issue? Try to quit the app completely by double-clicking the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then pressing and holding any icon until they jiggle, then press the upper left hand corner of the Safari icon to close the app down.

Now press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar and try again.

Tim

OP
S

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reply Safari Problem

What happens when you try to do this? How does Safari react? Is this a new problem or have you always had this issue? Try to quit the app completely by double-clicking the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then pressing and holding any icon until they jiggle, then press the upper left hand corner of the Safari icon to close the app down.

Now press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar and try again.

Tim

Tim,
After I click the right arrow and click on add to homepage, Safari closes & I have no Icon on the homepage.

I don't know if this is new but I have had a problem with Safari not letting other browsers download to their download directory, only Safari & Safari doesn't save any files.

Starman002

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, my detective skillz have noted that you used the word "SBSettings." So, by deductive reasoning, I've deduced you are jailbroken, yes?

You don't by chance have Springtomize loaded, do you? Cause, it had a glitch that stopped Safari from saving bookmarks to the home page.

It got updated (and thus, fixed) a couple of days ago. So, go to Cydia and update Springtomize. Once you've got the new version loaded, you should be good to go - it will work properly again.

Let us know how you get on - and if this solved your problem.

Marilyn

P.S. Since you are jailbroke, I'm going to move this thread over to the Hacking section...

OP
S

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saving pages in Safari

Ah, my detective skillz have noted that you used the word "SBSettings." So, by deductive reasoning, I've deduced you are jailbroken, yes?

You don't by chance have Springtomize loaded, do you? Cause, it had a glitch that stopped Safari from saving bookmarks to the home page.

It got updated (and thus, fixed) a couple of days ago. So, go to Cydia and update Springtomize. Once you've got the new version loaded, you should be good to go - it will work properly again.

Let us know how you get on - and if this solved your problem.

Marilyn

P.S. Since you are jailbroke, I'm going to move this thread over to the Hacking section...

Marilyn,

You fixed my problem with saving bookmarks, but I still can't download anything in Safari or any other browser. It says it goes to the Safari default location but nothing is ever downloaded. Could it be related to something that need updating?

Starman002

Most reactions