What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Rumors And Speculation (Late November 2010)

kochumadhavan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad 2

Too early to buy another ipad. Wonder whether current pad can be traded-in with ipad 2 , or , can some one comeout with a small module with a camera and USB ports which can be attached to ipad 1... All wishful thinking... Kochu/1-12-10
=============

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the amount of feedback they have acquired by now I suspect it will be a refinement of the current machine rather than a radical upgrade.

Given their aggressive approach to pricing initially I wouldn't be surprised if they spring it on us early to keep the competition off balance.

That said I will buy one if only to use the camera as an impromptu scanner with evernote.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's very rare that any manufacturer offers a trade-up program, and even when they do, you normally get back something ridiculous like 20% of the original value.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "Retina Display" is actually worse than the current iPad display. I wish Apple wouldn't have named it Retina Display, it causes so much confusion.

tahjxmassakr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "Retina Display" is actually worse than the current iPad display. I wish Apple wouldn't have named it Retina Display, it causes so much confusion.

Technically speaking, retina display is better than the iPads. The iPads resolution is 1024x768, with an average of 132ppi (pixels per inch), whereas the retina display is an astounding 326ppi. Obviously the retina is of better quality.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Retina" is just a buzz word Apple created that means high resolution. The current display on the iPhone is the highest resolution cell phone on the market (my Sharp IS03 phone is the only other one with the same resolution). People keep asking for the "Retina Dispaly" on the iPad, but in reality it would be lower resolution than what we have now. So people should be asking for a higher resolution display, not "Retina Display", I hate Apple for doing stuff like that. It does need a higher resolution display though IMO.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple makes people think this "Rwtina Display" is some new fancy high tech screen, but it's not, it's just a standard screen with high resolution.

Most reactions