What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 restore to Ipad Air??

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went from an iPad 1 to an Air.. The restore went without a hitch. The only thing I had to do was update a few apps. (The iPad1 was locked at iOS5 and some of the apps had to be upgraded to iOS7).

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If using iCLoud as backup (my preference) be sure you have the data you want preserved backed up. You have to do some menu diving but you can save space (remember you only get 5 GB free in iCloud) so go to settings/icloud/storage/”this ipad“ (your name at top)/show all apps. There you can turn off apps where you either don't want to save data or don't need to. i'd also suggest backing up in Dropbox any data that is very important to you.

I restored my Air from my Ipad 3 and restored the 3 from my husband's Ipad One without issues except my husband had to deal with the visual changes from IOS 5 to IOS 7 LOL. Its just so easy these days to move from Ipad to Ipad with iCloud restores (I had also restored my Ipad 3 when i got it from my Ipad one since IOS 5 had give us that option)--just being sure prior to the upgrade that you have checked for your data backup and to have done a backup just before doing the upgrade.

OP
JJ_BPK

JJ_BPK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies..
I already do encrypted backups to both the cloud and my PC, and syn every time I charge via the USB port.
I had move from my 4S to 5s with no problem, I was just worried the something in the IP2 was not compatible with the air..

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forgot to ask and it hasn't been mentioned. Have you upgraded your 2 to IOS7? If so, it should set up the Air the same as the 2. I think you'll really enjoy the Air--even upgrading from a 64 GB iPad 3 to the Air seemed like a very different IPad. On top of that you will now have a retina screen and for me that's a very big plus.

Last edited:
OP
JJ_BPK

JJ_BPK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diane
Yes, I upgraded to IOS7 about a month after release of all my Itoys.
Thanks for asking..

Most reactions

Latest posts