What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 resetting automatically

armyguy6902

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping that someone has seen the issue my ipad is exhibitingand has a solution. I seems that with no apparent time or cycle that i can come up with that my ipad is resetting itself periodically. Started probably 2 or 3 weeks ago. Doesnt matter what is being done or anything. Can be using skype and internet or looking at photos and BAM it shuts off.

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it get hot? Is it jailbroken? Did you install anything in the weeks before it started to happen? Have you been to an apple store? Is it fully charged? So many things can play a part in things like this, it's vital you give any information you can think of.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your iPad Jailbroken? If so you may have installed a tweak that is iPhone or iOS 4.x.x only. I would uninstall the most recent tweaks you've added.

If it's not jailbroken I would reboot the device (hold down home and power button until the device turns off, keep holding when you see the slider to turn off the device). If a reboot does not fix the issue I would sync/backup your iPad and perform a restore and see if that fixes the issue. If you are jailbroken or plan on jailbreaking you will want to do this as soon as you can before Apple releases a new firmware update. If this still does not fix the issue they you will need to contact your local Apple store and schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar.

Suissejas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have this problem - which incidentally appears to have arrived after the upgrade to os 6 .i have done complete system reset ( deleting all data etc) but to no avail. My iPad is just over a year old so given Apples supposed adherence to quality then I would have expected somewhat longer life out of my machine. Whilst it is not a game breaker it is extremely frustrating .... I have read somewhere that there may be a connection between the wifi router and the iPad which may be causing this but given it Never happened under the old OS then I am dubious this may be the cause. Is it possible to go back to earlier OS to test this theory ? Ps my machines is not jail broken - purchased from Apple shop.

kris66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same thing with my iPad 2. Today for instance, it's reset itself about 20 times!! I think it started a few months ago after one of apples IOS updates. Since then it's been getting steadily worse, and now, really bad this last couple of weeks.

Before that, I never had a problem it's my iPad. I don't really put new apps on my iPad, I have I think 1.1 go of space left. I've tried the reset thing, but it's still doing it. I'll just be on Facebook, or browsing something on the Internet, and it will freeze, then I'll notice the apple logo.

Anyone with any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to stop it happening? :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same thing with my iPad 2. Today for instance, it's reset itself about 20 times!! I think it started a few months ago after one of apples IOS updates. Since then it's been getting steadily worse, and now, really bad this last couple of weeks.

Before that, I never had a problem it's my iPad. I don't really put new apps on my iPad, I have I think 1.1 go of space left. I've tried the reset thing, but it's still doing it. I'll just be on Facebook, or browsing something on the Internet, and it will freeze, then I'll notice the apple logo.

Anyone with any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to stop it happening? :(
Try freeing up at least 5GB of storage and see if the problem is still there. iOS devices tend to misbehave if there's not enough free storage left.

Most reactions

Latest posts