iPad 2 reset

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by anonemus1008, May 10, 2015.

1. anonemus1008

anonemus1008
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hello. Is there a way that I can reset my Ipad 2 without using a data cable?

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can backup and restore your iPad through iCloud. If you do it through iTunes, the data cable is the same cable you use to charge the iPad. My post, which you quoted has a link which also covers using iCloud to restore your iPad.

I've also moved your post to it's own thread as it was hijacking the thread you posted it in, which is not allowed under our rules.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello again - you've been redirected to this 'new' thread by one of the moderators - I left the post below in another thread in which you posted - please review my questions and provide us w/ some specific information regarding your problem - I still do not understand what you are trying to do? Dave :)

4. anonemus1008

anonemus1008
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi Dave! Apologies as I'm new to the forum and using a mobile phone. I don't have a data cable (the one that came with the ipad 2 was defective) . I upgraded to os 8.3. I now turned on the locked ipad 2 and will try to find and delete the account. I still remember my passcode. Will update you later

5. anonemus1008

anonemus1008
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

It says my Ipad is offline. What will happen if I Erase IPad?

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you select the erase iPad option, the iPad will be erased as soon as it connects to the Internet and receives the erase command. Selecting remove from account will delete your iCloud account from the iPad and it can then be erased by using the Erase All Content And Settings option in Settings>General>Reset. Your iPad can then be set up from scratch, just as it was when brand new. You can set it up from a previous backup or as a new iPad. You'll need a working charging cable to connect to iTunes on the computer you've synced to in the past.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. anonemus1008

anonemus1008
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

What choice should I make to simply make my IPad open up, even when it returns to its factory settings? I'm planning to give this to my son very son and we don't have reliable net access at home.

8. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Could you take your iPad and computer and iPad to a location with a reliable internet connection? The photo shows your iPad in recovery mode. You'll need an Internet connection to restore it as the restore involves installing the latest iOS version on your iPad, which needs online verification from Apple to properly install.

Once restored, the iPad will be as it was when new and can be set up by your son with his own Apple ID and password.

9. anonemus1008

anonemus1008
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I do have a relatively strong Internet connection right now. If I just want to make this IPad 2 boot into the home screen right now, should I Erase IPad or Remove from Account? Thanks for your patience :)

10. anonemus1008

anonemus1008
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I tried the Play Sound button and my IPad didn't play a sound. It means it's not connected to our wifi. Yikes. I better read the iCloud Help page also...