What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 reset

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can backup and restore your iPad through iCloud. If you do it through iTunes, the data cable is the same cable you use to charge the iPad. My post, which you quoted has a link which also covers using iCloud to restore your iPad.

I've also moved your post to it's own thread as it was hijacking the thread you posted it in, which is not allowed under our rules.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello. Is there a way that I can reset my Ipad 2 without using a data cable?

Hello again - you've been redirected to this 'new' thread by one of the moderators - I left the post below in another thread in which you posted - please review my questions and provide us w/ some specific information regarding your problem - I still do not understand what you are trying to do? Dave :)

Hello - first some clarification is needed: 1) Assume that you have also forgotten your passcode - correct; 2) Do you have a charging cable for your iPad 2 (the old 30-pin to USB cable) - if so that is used to connect to a computer to use iTunes; 3) As long as the iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network and you have activated 'Find My iPad' in the device's Settings, then the feature works fine w/ a 'locked' iPad; and 4) What iOS is installed on your iPad (8.3 is the most recent)? Dave :)

P.S. just to reiterate - you needed to activate the find feature on your iPad and sign into an iCloud account.

OP
A

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again - you've been redirected to this 'new' thread by one of the moderators - I left the post below in another thread in which you posted - please review my questions and provide us w/ some specific information regarding your problem - I still do not understand what you are trying to do? Dave :)
Hi Dave! Apologies as I'm new to the forum and using a mobile phone. I don't have a data cable (the one that came with the ipad 2 was defective) . I upgraded to os 8.3. I now turned on the locked ipad 2 and will try to find and delete the account. I still remember my passcode. Will update you later [emoji106]

OP
A

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
89ce7684ee5f705f89279677c3fd344d.jpg

It says my Ipad is offline. What will happen if I Erase IPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you select the erase iPad option, the iPad will be erased as soon as it connects to the Internet and receives the erase command. Selecting remove from account will delete your iCloud account from the iPad and it can then be erased by using the Erase All Content And Settings option in Settings>General>Reset. Your iPad can then be set up from scratch, just as it was when brand new. You can set it up from a previous backup or as a new iPad. You'll need a working charging cable to connect to iTunes on the computer you've synced to in the past.

OP
A

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
e46d47f49861453e0e50fe122ba89aaa.jpg

What choice should I make to simply make my IPad open up, even when it returns to its factory settings? I'm planning to give this to my son very son and we don't have reliable net access at home.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you take your iPad and computer and iPad to a location with a reliable internet connection? The photo shows your iPad in recovery mode. You'll need an Internet connection to restore it as the restore involves installing the latest iOS version on your iPad, which needs online verification from Apple to properly install.

Once restored, the iPad will be as it was when new and can be set up by your son with his own Apple ID and password.

OP
A

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have a relatively strong Internet connection right now. If I just want to make this IPad 2 boot into the home screen right now, should I Erase IPad or Remove from Account? Thanks for your patience :)

OP
A

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the Play Sound button and my IPad didn't play a sound. It means it's not connected to our wifi. Yikes. I better read the iCloud Help page also...

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your life is going to be a lot easier if you just go out and get a data cable. The ipad is going to need one to recharge so you'll need it eventually. If $$$ is an issue many dollar stores carry cables for only a couple dollars.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do have a relatively strong Internet connection right now. If I just want to make this IPad 2 boot into the home screen right now, should I Erase IPad or Remove from Account? Thanks for your patience :)
Since you're giving the iPad to your son, removing it from your account and then erasing it would be best.

OP
A

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remove then Erase, or Erase then Remove? I was able to find a data cable by a friend who'll lend it to me on Wednesday. If I can't restore, then I'll try the Remove/Erase route. Wish me luck ☺

OP
A

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your life is going to be a lot easier if you just go out and get a data cable. The ipad is going to need one to recharge so you'll need it eventually. If $$$ is an issue many dollar stores carry cables for only a couple dollars.
My temporary fix to charge the IPad 2 [emoji16]

6afa13e7c06122c45f66319b3a1fa795.jpg

My temporary fix to charge the IPad [emoji16]

Most reactions