What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Replaced Digitizer but not getting anywhere

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section!

Hi and welcome to the forum northwoodslivin! Sorry to hear about the screen problem. So that you have a better chance of receiving assistance with your enquiry, I'll transfer your thread to the iPad Hacking sub-forum where a lot more people interested in peering right into the iPad may be able to advise you. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is highly unlikely that anything you are describing is to do with software at all.

Apple don't design the iPad to be user serviceable from a hardware perspective, and your device has now had 2 significant hardware replacements.
You really have to be a very good technician, and be absolutely diligent about the repair, to do significant hardware replacements on an iPad and and get it back to perfect working order.
Since the previous owner already did a replacement there is absolutely no way of knowing how they went about it. Sounds very much to me like you have a bad digitizer connection, but also that the WiFi antennae have been moved / shorted / or something.
But, other than stripping the digitiser out again and re-assembling incredibly carefully (correcting any issues which may have been introduced along the way), you are unlikely to get the device back to a fully reliable operations. Sorry :(

But to be clear, based on my experience, no amount of IOS restoring is going to fix it. The problems are definitely hardware, not software.

Most reactions

Latest posts