What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 remove 3G board

broscottcho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
During a repair the flex cable connecting the 3G board to the system board got a rip in it. I do not need 3G on this iPad and I was wondering if there is a way to convert a 3G iPad to Wifi only? If not is there a way to repair the cable or replace it? Thanks for any help!

OP
B

broscottcho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am assuming the iPad is toast. Can anyone verify from the info above?

pukuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
During a repair the flex cable connecting the 3G board to the system board got a rip in it. I do not need 3G on this iPad and I was wondering if there is a way to convert a 3G iPad to Wifi only? If not is there a way to repair the cable or replace it? Thanks for any help!

There is nothing you need to do. Your wifi connection and the 3G connection are in two different places. The 3G won't work unless you get a really solid connection between that ribbon connector and the logic board connection and the communication board connection. Your wifi antenna is down by the home button just to the right of it. Wi-Fi should still work.

Most reactions