1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

ipad 2 recovery bootloop

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by agentPPPP, Jun 15, 2013.

1. agentPPPP

agentPPPP iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First of all im new here so... YEY!

So here's the prob, i tried upgrading my jailbroken ipad to 6.1.3 but unfortunately itunes gave me an error. So the ipad's stuck in recovery right now and i tried every way to fix it. i tried TU, ifaith, redsnow and the button clicking. i am stuck right now and i dont know what else to do. But i am thinking of downloading an ipsw hoping that i can use that as a restore software and just sync my apps later. What do you think?
    Basically that's it. if you need more info about this tell because i really dont know much yet on ios (im more of an android geek).

if im on the wrong forum please tell me cause i dont know if this is a technical or more of a sharing forum so yeah. ideas will be much appreciated. :)
  2. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +851 / 1
    Yes, I believe you stand a better chance of receiving assistance re your issue in the iPad Hacking Forum. I'm transferring your thread to that area. Good luck!
    (And welcome to the forum:))
    Regards, Andrew
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Try restoring using this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad running the newest iOS. Unfortunately, that's iOS 6.1.3, which is not jailbreakable (but, I'm assuming you know that, since you wanted to upgrade anyway :)).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn
  4. Average

Average iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HELP!!!! i recently tried to install evasi0n7 on my ipad via a windows pc, the process was successful only till it refused to go past the boot loop several times. i found a solution online involving holding the power and home buttons down, itunes and redownloading iOS 7.0.4. i tried it out and it seemed to work. unfortunately in the final few minutes my ipad ran out of battery. i tried charging it over night so i could redo the process uninterrupted the second time around but i woke up to it having a low battery again. whenever it gets the littlest amount of energy, it attempts to reboot but drains the power even though it is still plugged into the wall socket. i have already established that even if it somehow got the power to perform a full boot, it couldn't because the iOS is still faulty due to the unfinished restoration process. Help me please!