ipad 2 recovery bootloop

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by agentPPPP, Jun 15, 2013.

1. agentPPPP

agentPPPP iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First of all im new here so... YEY!

So here's the prob, i tried upgrading my jailbroken ipad to 6.1.3 but unfortunately itunes gave me an error. So the ipad's stuck in recovery right now and i tried every way to fix it. i tried TU, ifaith, redsnow and the button clicking. i am stuck right now and i dont know what else to do. But i am thinking of downloading an ipsw hoping that i can use that as a restore software and just sync my apps later. What do you think?
    Basically that's it. if you need more info about this tell because i really dont know much yet on ios (im more of an android geek).

if im on the wrong forum please tell me cause i dont know if this is a technical or more of a sharing forum so yeah. ideas will be much appreciated. :)
  2. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +989 / 1
    Yes, I believe you stand a better chance of receiving assistance re your issue in the iPad Hacking Forum. I'm transferring your thread to that area. Good luck!
    (And welcome to the forum:))
    Regards, Andrew
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 0
    Try restoring using this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad running the newest iOS. Unfortunately, that's iOS 6.1.3, which is not jailbreakable (but, I'm assuming you know that, since you wanted to upgrade anyway :)).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn
  4. Average

Average iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HELP!!!! i recently tried to install evasi0n7 on my ipad via a windows pc, the process was successful only till it refused to go past the boot loop several times. i found a solution online involving holding the power and home buttons down, itunes and redownloading iOS 7.0.4. i tried it out and it seemed to work. unfortunately in the final few minutes my ipad ran out of battery. i tried charging it over night so i could redo the process uninterrupted the second time around but i woke up to it having a low battery again. whenever it gets the littlest amount of energy, it attempts to reboot but drains the power even though it is still plugged into the wall socket. i have already established that even if it somehow got the power to perform a full boot, it couldn't because the iOS is still faulty due to the unfinished restoration process. Help me please!