What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 recovery bootloop

agentPPPP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all im new here so... YEY!

So here's the prob, i tried upgrading my jailbroken ipad to 6.1.3 but unfortunately itunes gave me an error. So the ipad's stuck in recovery right now and i tried every way to fix it. i tried TU, ifaith, redsnow and the button clicking. i am stuck right now and i dont know what else to do. But i am thinking of downloading an ipsw hoping that i can use that as a restore software and just sync my apps later. What do you think?
Basically that's it. if you need more info about this tell because i really dont know much yet on ios (im more of an android geek).

if im on the wrong forum please tell me cause i dont know if this is a technical or more of a sharing forum so yeah. ideas will be much appreciated. :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all im new here so... YEY!

So here's the prob, i tried upgrading my jailbroken ipad to 6.1.3 but unfortunately itunes gave me an error. So the ipad's stuck in recovery right now and i tried every way to fix it. i tried TU, ifaith, redsnow and the button clicking. i am stuck right now and i dont know what else to do. But i am thinking of downloading an ipsw hoping that i can use that as a restore software and just sync my apps later. What do you think?

Basically that's it. if you need more info about this tell because i really dont know much yet on ios (im more of an android geek).

if im on the wrong forum please tell me cause i dont know if this is a technical or more of a sharing forum so yeah. ideas will be much appreciated. :)
Yes, I believe you stand a better chance of receiving assistance re your issue in the iPad Hacking Forum. I'm transferring your thread to that area. Good luck!
(And welcome to the forum:))
Regards, Andrew

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try restoring using this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad running the newest iOS. Unfortunately, that's iOS 6.1.3, which is not jailbreakable (but, I'm assuming you know that, since you wanted to upgrade anyway :)).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Average

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP!!!! i recently tried to install evasi0n7 on my ipad via a windows pc, the process was successful only till it refused to go past the boot loop several times. i found a solution online involving holding the power and home buttons down, itunes and redownloading iOS 7.0.4. i tried it out and it seemed to work. unfortunately in the final few minutes my ipad ran out of battery. i tried charging it over night so i could redo the process uninterrupted the second time around but i woke up to it having a low battery again. whenever it gets the littlest amount of energy, it attempts to reboot but drains the power even though it is still plugged into the wall socket. i have already established that even if it somehow got the power to perform a full boot, it couldn't because the iOS is still faulty due to the unfinished restoration process. Help me please!

Most reactions

Latest posts