Ipad 2 really long battery life?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Zachariot, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Zachariot

Zachariot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I get 17-18 hours of battery life out of my ipad 2 . i am a power user also so i really use web , watch a ton of videos etc play gamesfor hours....this normal , i did optimize my ipad for battery life...

2. Zachariot

Zachariot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i mean on a single charge its 17-18 hrs

3. Agent1191

Agent1191 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    What all did you do to optimize it?

4. wingzfan61

wingzfan61 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    How did you optimize your battery?

Thats normal for me as well. Couple times ive hit 20 hours.

5. Hamn

Hamn iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi thought I had Short Battery Life then found The cover which I use which was supposed to switch I Pad off would bounce and switch it back on
    So check if you use a cover that it realy switches off. I found out about it in a dark room noticed the glow of the screen with the cover closed

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    When people rate battery life I believe they quote hours of continuous operation on a certain task.

7. Zachariot

Zachariot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I get 17-18 hours usage when i use my ipad 2 for playing games movies music browsing internet. I cant use an ipad continuosly without breaks for 18 hours in a row lol. This is what i get im not trying to show off, i made thread to learn more tips and share them. . i put my screen brightness all the way down. i never put it up because its already really bright for me. i dont use notifications at all. All system sounds are off. no sounds. I use free mercury browser's dimmer function and turn down system brightness even more to ridiculous levels it lets me search longer than safari. I take off; multitasking gestures ; all push notifications mail stuff i check my mail manually once a day, and i take off pretty much everything i think drains battery lol, facetime off, and itunes app off too. i run through all system settings and turn off most stuff. Also i reset my network settings and connect only 1 wifi network to my ipad. Too much network data can drain battery. I only had my ipad 3 months but i had an ipod touch 5 years! Also i only charge my ipad 2 once it hits 20% or lower then i let it fill up completely.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  8. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,069 / 0
    Well, appears that you're a 'happy camper' - :thumbs:

For those who want a list of Apple's suggestions for prolonging 'battery life', here is a LINK that I've been quoting on the forum for a while - :)

9. wingzfan61

wingzfan61 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Wow um to each his own but it seems like your really crippling the features of the ipad. I leave everything on and brightness half way upnand i charge my ipad every other day. At work wednesday i watched 2 hours of streaming video from home, slacker radio for about 7 hours and constant gmail push and web browsing. I didnt charge at all that day and Thursday I did about 6 hours of slacker and the same email and web browsing and didnt charge till late Thursday night.

10. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    I'm curious....How do you use your iPad if the brightness is all the way down? What does that even mean? :)

All sounds off? Why bother with an iPad? I keep mind plugged in at home, work. I don't really feel a need to get 17-18 hours on a charge. I do let it charge down to near zero every so often, but once it gets below 40% I start getting nervous. Why do you like to do this? Save energy?

I like to use all the features of mine, so I don't turn too much off (well, I do like to keep Do Not Disturb turn on on my phone to keep spammers at bay).

11. s2mikey

s2mikey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +161 / 0
    Yeah, turning off too many features causes the iPad to lose some of its appeal! I don't leave mine plugged in but it gets charged probably 3-4 times per week and gets used a lot. I'd say we get about the standard ten hours out of one charge. The nice thing is that my iPad charges very fast and gets to 100% in a jiffy. IMO, battery life is a huge feather in the cap of the iPad devices.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

12. Zachariot

Zachariot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like how i use mine these settings are not for anyone else.

Moderator edit: let's all be respectful of others.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  13. Zachariot

Zachariot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah i like to charge as little as possible. I need it to be running a lot without wires. I can see the screen just fine at lowest ipad brightness. i also have some kind of eye sensitivity to bright lights so i just drop the brightness. but really everything is great especially the battery life. i keep it simple and focus on web, some youtube, books videos and games and i get great amount of time for each.

14. Zachariot

Zachariot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i

Ireally like how i use my ipad it suits me the best.

15. Zachariot

Zachariot iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really like how i use my ipad. i didnt buy it for all the features i bought it for battery life and screen size and ios. i just fixed it the way i like to last really long with out charge