What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 really long battery life?

Zachariot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get 17-18 hours of battery life out of my ipad 2 . i am a power user also so i really use web , watch a ton of videos etc play gamesfor hours....this normal , i did optimize my ipad for battery life...

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you optimize your battery?

Thats normal for me as well. Couple times ive hit 20 hours.

Hamn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi thought I had Short Battery Life then found The cover which I use which was supposed to switch I Pad off would bounce and switch it back on
So check if you use a cover that it realy switches off. I found out about it in a dark room noticed the glow of the screen with the cover closed

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When people rate battery life I believe they quote hours of continuous operation on a certain task.

OP
Z

Zachariot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get 17-18 hours usage when i use my ipad 2 for playing games movies music browsing internet. I cant use an ipad continuosly without breaks for 18 hours in a row lol. This is what i get im not trying to show off, i made thread to learn more tips and share them. . i put my screen brightness all the way down. i never put it up because its already really bright for me. i dont use notifications at all. All system sounds are off. no sounds. I use free mercury browser's dimmer function and turn down system brightness even more to ridiculous levels it lets me search longer than safari. I take off; multitasking gestures ; all push notifications mail stuff i check my mail manually once a day, and i take off pretty much everything i think drains battery lol, facetime off, and itunes app off too. i run through all system settings and turn off most stuff. Also i reset my network settings and connect only 1 wifi network to my ipad. Too much network data can drain battery. I only had my ipad 3 months but i had an ipod touch 5 years! Also i only charge my ipad 2 once it hits 20% or lower then i let it fill up completely.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I get 17-18 hours usage when i use my ipad 2 for playing games movies music browsing internet..................

Well, appears that you're a 'happy camper' - :thumbs:

For those who want a list of Apple's suggestions for prolonging 'battery life', here is a LINK that I've been quoting on the forum for a while - :)

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zachariot said:
I get 17-18 hours usage when i use my ipad 2 for playing games movies music browsing internet. I cant use an ipad continuosly without breaks for 18 hours in a row lol. This is what i get im not trying to show off, i made thread to learn more tips and share them. . i put my screen brightness all the way down. i never put it up because its already really bright for me. i dont use notifications at all. All system sounds are off. no sounds. I use free mercury browser's dimmer function and turn down system brightness even more to ridiculous levels it lets me search longer than safari. I take off; multitasking gestures ; all push notifications mail stuff i check my mail manually once a day, and i take off pretty much everything i think drains battery lol, facetime off, and itunes app off too. i run through all system settings and turn off most stuff. Also i reset my network settings and connect only 1 wifi network to my ipad. Too much network data can drain battery. I only had my ipad 3 months but i had an ipod touch 5 years! Also i only charge my ipad 2 once it hits 20% or lower then i let it fill up completely.

Wow um to each his own but it seems like your really crippling the features of the ipad. I leave everything on and brightness half way upnand i charge my ipad every other day. At work wednesday i watched 2 hours of streaming video from home, slacker radio for about 7 hours and constant gmail push and web browsing. I didnt charge at all that day and Thursday I did about 6 hours of slacker and the same email and web browsing and didnt charge till late Thursday night.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I'm curious....How do you use your iPad if the brightness is all the way down? What does that even mean? :)

All sounds off? Why bother with an iPad? I keep mind plugged in at home, work. I don't really feel a need to get 17-18 hours on a charge. I do let it charge down to near zero every so often, but once it gets below 40% I start getting nervous. Why do you like to do this? Save energy?

I like to use all the features of mine, so I don't turn too much off (well, I do like to keep Do Not Disturb turn on on my phone to keep spammers at bay).

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I'm curious....How do you use your iPad if the brightness is all the way down? What does that even mean? :)

All sounds off? Why bother with an iPad? I keep mind plugged in at home, work. I don't really feel a need to get 17-18 hours on a charge. I do let it charge down to near zero every so often, but once it gets below 40% I start getting nervous. Why do you like to do this? Save energy?

I like to use all the features of mine, so I don't turn too much off (well, I do like to keep Do Not Disturb turn on on my phone to keep spammers at bay).

Yeah, turning off too many features causes the iPad to lose some of its appeal! I don't leave mine plugged in but it gets charged probably 3-4 times per week and gets used a lot. I'd say we get about the standard ten hours out of one charge. The nice thing is that my iPad charges very fast and gets to 100% in a jiffy. IMO, battery life is a huge feather in the cap of the iPad devices.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Z

Zachariot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Yeah, turning off too many features causes the iPad to lose some of its appeal! I don't leave mine plugged in but it gets charged probably 3-4 times per week and gets used a lot. I'd say we get about the standard ten hours out of one charge. The nice thing is that my iPad charges very fast and gets to 100% in a jiffy. IMO, battery life is a huge feather in the cap of the iPad devices.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I like how i use mine these settings are not for anyone else.

Moderator edit: let's all be respectful of others.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Z

Zachariot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

Yeah i like to charge as little as possible. I need it to be running a lot without wires. I can see the screen just fine at lowest ipad brightness. i also have some kind of eye sensitivity to bright lights so i just drop the brightness. but really everything is great especially the battery life. i keep it simple and focus on web, some youtube, books videos and games and i get great amount of time for each.

OP
Z

Zachariot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wingzfan61 said:
Wow um to each his own but it seems like your really crippling the features of the ipad. I leave everything on and brightness half way upnand i charge my ipad every other day. At work wednesday i watched 2 hours of streaming video from home, slacker radio for about 7 hours and constant gmail push and web browsing. I didnt charge at all that day and Thursday I did about 6 hours of slacker and the same email and web browsing and didnt charge till late Thursday night.
i

Ireally like how i use my ipad it suits me the best.

OP
Z

Zachariot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like how i use my ipad. i didnt buy it for all the features i bought it for battery life and screen size and ios. i just fixed it the way i like to last really long with out charge

Most reactions

Latest posts