What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 ratteling noise

planty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi this is my second iPad 2, my first one made a rattling noise when shaken a bit, the iPad was fine but I was concerned it would brake, I've just got this one and it's doing the same sound? Does anyone know what it is?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi this is my second iPad 2, my first one made a rattling noise when shaken a bit, the iPad was fine but I was concerned it would brake, I've just got this one and it's doing the same sound? Does anyone know what it is?

No loose screws on my side either. You are going to have everyone shaking their iPads now. :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think when you return this one, shake it before you leave the store. Not sure how many times Apple will return it.

Why does one even shake their iPad? For games?

OP
P

planty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone il get in touch with apple

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's a 3G AT&T iPad and you don't yet have a SIM card installed, the empty SIM card tray rattles when you shake the iPad because it's loose in the slot; it's normally held firmly in place by the pressure of the SIM card on the electrical contacts in the SIM card holder but, without a SIM card, it's a little loose.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts