1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 Production Increased

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by snoitan, May 20, 2011.

1. snoitan

snoitan iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Analysts say that production for the iPad 2 has increased after they retooled some of their production line. This should help out after the Japan disaster impacted production.

End result: Should see them shipping from Apple.com faster and see them in more stores.
  2. cypress

cypress iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I hope so. This is great to hear! I wanna put in my order by this weekend if all goes to plan.
  3. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Considering there was an explosion at the FoxConn factory (which is the primary production factory for the iPad2) today I wouldn't rely on that information any more. The building wasn't destroyed but who knows how much damage was done to the production line. Reports are sketchy but apparently a few people were killed, hopefully the causalities will remain at a minimum.
  4. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I hope this is true because I'm still waiting for my order to ship from Apple.
  5. ruready

ruready iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427 / 0
    Foxconn has one million employees the many factories plus accommodation schools, entertainment fill an area the size of a large city It has been said that more than 200,00 are employed to produce Apple related products alone. According to another news story it was the polishing factory at the Chengdu factory which was open late last year, this is a new multibillion dollar facility and is where the explosion took place. This facility is part of the massive expansion that Foxconn is doing to accommodate Apple's growth. As another user pointed out information is sketchy so just have to wait and see. The figures above do not include family members whom reside with in Foxconn which I read sometime back boosted the size to 4-5 million.
    Last edited: May 20, 2011