Ipad 2 owners, any general issues?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Sonicrobby, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I'm one of those suckers who loves new gadgets, especially the iPads. I currently have an iPad original, but the specs and cams of the second one are really tempting me. Though there are a few turnoffs, mainly the bleeding screen and no jailbreak. Are there any other major issues that the iPad 2 may have that you've noticed?

Also, did they ever address the bleeding screen issue? Or are the ipad2s still being ordered have a bleeding screen?
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Not on mine.

Yup, no JB, but I never JB anyway. Bleeding screen? A small bit on mine, but hardly noticeable unless pointed pit, and not worth the headache over.

Biggest issue my ipad2 gives me? Grief off my wife for not giving her number 1 attention anymore.

Its more than I ever hoped for. Had it 2-3 months and still loving every single second I spend on it.

My only gripe if any? I type so fast that after I type a load of text and read it back, if i made a typo the iPad self corrects in the most irritating ways. Yes, I can switch off self correction, but id be in an even worse state then. Actually, this is my problem, not the iPads fault.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  3. chazmink

chazmink iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We have three in our family, all 64 gb wifi. None of us have experienced any bleeding or any other issues. Only problem is that they are addictive and we cannot put them down.
  4. wheems

wheems iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I've had my iPad for roughly 3 weeks and have absolutely no complaints (no backlight bleeding either!) And never fear about the jb - I'm certain there's something on the horizon (have a look in the hacking section, you'll find more info there.)

As with sjleworthy, the only issue is with my other half - there really should be a support group for iPad widows/widowers. ;)
  5. celly

celly iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Bleeding screen? Sounds painful. I've had mine for about 6 weeks and love it. Screen is perfect. I did have it acting up once. A simple reboot and I was back in business. It's a computer after all. ;)
  6. trezramos

trezramos iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think no JB is a turnoff, hackers will always find their way. BTW, i also got my ipad2, just 16gb wifi model, used for schooling purposes only, and have a small bit of screen bleeding but hardly noticeably, that's why i think it's not worth it to return it to Apple.
  7. jnewell

jnewell iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Two here, 64/3G. No issues, other than the fact that they're so great they're hard to put down. Had a Xoom before...did not feel that way about it... :(
  8. Tarkio

Tarkio iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've had two ipad2s and both have had perfect screens.
  9. jmorton10

jmorton10 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0

Actually, that definitely IS the iPads fault.

My ipad2 has by FAR and away the worst word prediction/spelling correction of any device I own. The "smart keyboards" in my android devices are so superior to the iPad KB it is absolutely night and day.
  10. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    It's a shame you can't get it to 'learn' like you can with other systems and dictionaries
  11. viningc

viningc iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My biggest complaint is the small active touch area required for certain actions. One of the first things I did was DL several different free Apps to use in helping me learn the UI and it is never intuitive exactly where you should tap the screen to activate whatever the current program needs. All to often, I end up scrolling the screen instead of initiating some action.

I have no problems with my wife, as I got her one too. ;)
  12. vrpgames

vrpgames iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great device

I've got iPad and iPad2. Great devices but iPad2 rocks. I've never had any issues.
  13. GypsyCruiser

GypsyCruiser iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had mine for a week now and I can happily say....I have not had any issues with my new baby. I just love it!
  14. littlesue73

littlesue73 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've had my iPad 2 for nearly 2 weeks and haven't noticed any bleeding on it. I love my iPad 2 ya the best bit of kit I have ever had
  15. jnewell

jnewell iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Having a ton of time on many Android devices and now about a month on the iPad2, I have to agree very much with the post below. It is probably the one issue where *in my opinion* Android is ahead of the iOS devices. Gimme my SwiftKey app, pleeeeeze. :)

16. Buttafingas

Buttafingas iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    32gb 3G. No problems here other than fragility. I dropped my 1st ipad2 and cracked the screen.
  17. NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I've had my iPad 2 for about a month and can't put it down. I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I'm a windows person. just bought a brand new Sony Vaio and never use it any more. I use my iPad for business, reading, social media, email, you name it. I'm obsessed, felt so bad for my husband I bought him one this week.
    My screen is perfect, his is a little yellow but no bleeding issues. Perhaps the only annoying thing is the keyboard correction and not having any arrow keys, but I can actually type pretty fast on it.
    I think it will replace laptops eventually. it is just so quick and easy for everything and light weight. I use a keyboard for any serious typing.
    I have a 64gb with Verizon but never use that. my husband has a 32gb wifi only.
    My husband loves it just as much as I do.
  18. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    My iPad 2 has minor bleeding (visible only under circumstances I will never use it in) and its screen is decidedly yellow (compared with my iPad 1).

I actually prefer the yellow, though, because it lets my 2 go much dimmer than my 1. With 1, I had to switch to the Atomic browser at night, because it has a lower brightness setting than Safari.

I checked my husband's iPad 1, and his screen is yellowish, too. His is 32GB wi-fi only.

Both of mine are 64GB 3G AT&T.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  19. DQ

DQ iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I got 2 iPad 2, 64/3G/ATT, no issues.
  20. King.Khoja

King.Khoja iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just like most of the people in this thread. I've had my iPad 2 for over a month now and it's running great no bleeding or anything. Only thing that could be better is the camera quality. Other than that I'm checking everyday for a jailbreak. Once o jailbreak my iPad than the iPad is complete :)