What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 or Mini?

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, the little guy (almost four) does have mechanical dexterity problems in general---though he is extremely deft with the iPad, so I thought carefully about Twerpoet's remark, but I decided on the basis of the other comments to have his mom take him by the local BestBuy. Here he is, first with my iPad and then at BestBuy playing with the mini. He told his mom that it was "easier to handle and tilt." I know he has had problems tilting.

So---looks like the mini for his b'day in June.

Thanks one and all.

By the way, I just noticed that BestBuy on-line store is selling iPad 3's at thirty percent off list! That's a good deal, so I feel bad about having to go with the mini cause the 3 is then cheaper than either the 2 or the mini. I mention this for anyone who might be interested, but not aware of the sale.

Attachments

• image-2715691716.jpg
    image-2715691716.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 194
  • image-2846764885.jpg
    image-2846764885.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 200

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .I decided on the basis of the other comments to have his mom take him by the local BestBuy. Here he is, first with my iPad and then at BestBuy playing with the mini. He told his mom that it was "easier to handle and tilt." I know he has had problems tilting.

Smartest way to handle it, by far. :)

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are entering text, in just about any app, tap the .?123 key. the X and Y keys are replaced by an undo key.

Only works for text, of course.

Omg. Countless times have I seen those not paid the least but of attention to them....

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Small seems like the natural choice for children, but there is a reason why most things made for pre-schoolers are larger than normal. The fine motor skills we take for granted the majority of our lives take time to develop.

I'm not saying the larger iPad is a must. There are many points in favor of the smaller device in the preceding posts; however you should consider your own child's motor skills and decide whether he or she will be able to use the smaller device without undo frustration when tapping and manipulating the smaller targets on the screen.

Great advice here. The larger iPad might be the correct call.

Most reactions