What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 or Macbook Pro??

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like most above posters have said, get what fits your needs. I purchased a new Macbook Pro 13" about five weeks ago and I think I have turned on my iPad maybe a dozen times since. I haven't charged my iPad in more than a week and it still has 67% battery left. I still think the iPad is neat, but I guess what I really wanted was a portable computer, and the 13" Macbook fits that need and more. As a side benefit, it will also serve nicely as a portable space heater in the winter :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The answer depends on who you are...meaning what you do against what your needs are. I don't see how such a question can be intelligent addressed with zero knowledge about the user (maybe you all know this poster, but I don't).

For me, while I enjoy the heck out of my iPad 2, I still need both a laptop and a desktop. They would both come first over the iPad, but as long as I don't have to make that choice...I'm keeping all of them.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have the original MBP but it’s totally worthless these days’. Oh, I still have a need for my super MacPro tower as I’ve been scanning historical documents for years. Notwithstanding, this will be my last computer, as products like the iPad and the cloud will make them obsolete. I figure my 2009 MacPro will get me through the transition, and thereafter its an iPad-X and Apple TV.

Back in the here and now, I suppose the MacAir11 would provide the most bang for the buck.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts