What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 or Ipad mini?

Phoenix1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a choice, which one should I go for? I know the mini is newer but can the 2 do everything the mini can?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

OP
P

Phoenix1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tazz, so I guess it's now whether I want big or small lol

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I believe the mini has a better set of cameras and if you are getting cellular a much more capable communications chipset. The mini is lighter and has higher pixel density. Newer Bluetooth 4 and Siri (although some may not list this as a plus).

OP
P

Phoenix1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, seems like mini may be the way to go then :D

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't mind the size the iPad 2 would be good but if you like portability than the mini is good for that!

Last edited:
OP
P

Phoenix1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, portability important to me so will be the mini. Just need to find the funds now lol

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys, portability important to me so will be the mini. Just need to find the funds now lol

Now you need to decide: white or black, cellular or not and 16GB, 32GB or 64GB. What ever way you go you will enjoy and be happy with it :)

D

dvdcatalyst

Ok, so I have a choice, which one should I go for? I know the mini is newer but can the 2 do everything the mini can?

Eventhough both the iPad 2 and the iPad Mini have similar specs, I doubt that Apple would continue to provide support (updates) for the iPad 2 with the next iOS update.

Most reactions

Latest posts