What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Now Rings on iPhone Call

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, both running IOS 9.3.1 and both connected to the same iCloud account. Neither device has bluetooth enabled. There is also an iPhone 6 running IOS 9.3.1 and connected to a different iCloud account. It has bluetooth enabled. The iPad only has WiFi, no cellular. All three devices are on the same WiFi network.

Right after upgrading to IOS 9.3.1 the iPad sometimes rings when a call is received on either iPhone. Not sure why it does it only on certain calls. And not sure why it does it at all.

Suggestions as to what's going on?

-- Larry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On your iPhone go to Settings > Phone and look at the Calls on Other Devices option. Turn off the iPad and/or other devices if you don't want the option of answering calls on them.

This works thorugh wi-fi when your iPad and iPhone are on the same network, so bluetooth on/off does not affect it.

OP
larrymcg

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone 4S has such a setting and it was already OFF. The iPhone 6 does not have that setting - maybe because it's on a different iCloud account?

I know that one of the calls that rang on the iPad was a FaceTime call to the iPhone 6. Facetime is now off on that phone and it was already off on the 4S.

I'll wait and see what happens next.

-- Larry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you've probably found the cause.

Yes, the iPad to be on the same iCloud account for phone calls to be answered on a second device.

Facetime is a seperate setting that has to be turned and set up for each device, however it can only use a phone number as an address if that phone uses the same Apple ID.

Most reactions