What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 not starting up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palomino0513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have a jailboken ipad 2, 5.1.1 and it will not start up. It started when one day I went to my ipad and i saw this. CLICK

I could not go into a single app. The app either came up completely black or scrambled. I could not respring either because I could not get to the respring button or app.

I found out that I could get into a "safe mode" by holding the volume up button when booting up. It worked up until a few days ago. Now when I try and go into that funky layout CLICK the ipad just sits with the apple logo and nothing happens.

What is going on??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This type of behavior usually happens when you have a jail break tweak that is not compatible with the iPad or the iOS (or both). Usually, it's because an iPhone tweak is loaded and it's not coded to work on an iPad.

So, think back to before this behavior started and see if you can remember what tweaks you installed. If you can remember, go back to Cydia to uninstalled that tweak (or tweaks) and see if that fixes the issue. You may have to use the safe mode again (on reset) in order to access Cydia.

If you can't remember what tweak(s) you loaded, may I suggest you provide us with a list of your installed tweaks? Maybe we can spot the "culprit"...

Marilyn

OP
P

palomino0513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This type of behavior usually happens when you have a jail break tweak that is not compatible with the iPad or the iOS (or both). Usually, it's because an iPhone tweak is loaded and it's not coded to work on an iPad.

So, think back to before this behavior started and see if you can remember what tweaks you installed. If you can remember, go back to Cydia to uninstalled that tweak (or tweaks) and see if that fixes the issue. You may have to use the safe mode again (on reset) in order to access Cydia.

If you can't remember what tweak(s) you loaded, may I suggest you provide us with a list of your installed tweaks? Maybe we can spot the "culprit"...

Marilyn

Hey Marilyn,

So I just remembered, when this all happened I actually went and deleted every cydia install I had installed thinking it would solve something, but it never did. Here is a list of every install I have:

Activator
A PIRACY TWEAK
APT 0.7 HTPS Method
BigBoss Icon Set
Bug Fix: STuck Pages
BYA Repo Icons
Cydia Installer
Cysia Translations
f.lux
GUI-GPG-SEC
A PIRACY TWEAK
A PIRACY SOURCE
libgcc
Mobile Substrate
Radom Zepplin Logos
Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether
Source GUI
Substrate Safe Mode
WinterBoard
ZEppelin

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
palomino0513 said:
Hey Marilyn,

So I just remembered, when this all happened I actually went and deleted every cydia install I had installed thinking it would solve something, but it never did. Here is a list of every install I have:

Activator
A PIRACY TWEAK
APT 0.7 HTPS Method
BigBoss Icon Set
Bug Fix: STuck Pages
BYA Repo Icons
Cydia Installer
Cysia Translations
f.lux
GUI-GPG-SEC
<A PIRACY RESOURCE>
<A PIRACY APP>
libgcc
Mobile Substrate
Radom Zepplin Logos
Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether
Source GUI
Substrate Safe Mode
WinterBoard
ZEppelin

Well there's your problem. You Sir, are a thief and a pirate! The items I removed are for the sole purpose of obtaining paid apps for free. The only help I can give it to remove all piracy apps and tools from your iPad.

Stay safe, stay legal.

With that, this thread is now closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions