What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not moving at Lantau Island

MJM2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as mine gets here by the date promised (3/22), I won't be unhappy. I do wish that if it has been moving, that Fed Ex would actually update it. According to the Fed Ex website tracking, mine has been stuck on the island since Wed (Tues in the US). For me to get it on Tuesday, it needs to be in Little Rock by Monday night. If it is still on the island and not in the US, that will be a heck of a flight to get here on time.

MJM2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an email from FedEx. They said my shipment is still on schedule for delivery Wed by 4:30 regardless of Lantau island hold up. Also, noted that the shipment must still clear customs.

It would be nice if they would put that on the website tracking so we could all see that message. As big of an investment as we have put in on this, it would be nice to know where it is at all times. Thanks for the info.:)

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update - I just spoke to FedEx on the phone. They said my iPad 2 just left Japan (Shennan-shi) last night, same as owblue. I suppose last night is local time and it is now about 5 a.m. in Japan. She said it is heading for Anchorage.

I asked if it would be held up due to scanning of packages coming in from Japan and she said it would not.

She had no idea as to why the screen that I see is not updated.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine sat in HK for two days

And all of a sudden this afternoon it's in anchorage. Was to arrive 3/22 now saying 3/23. Realistically it could arrive Monday, 3/21. Was ordered 3/11 at 5:00 AM.

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And all of a sudden this afternoon it's in anchorage. Was to arrive 3/22 now saying 3/23. Realistically it could arrive Monday, 3/21. Was ordered 3/11 at 5:00 AM.

It looks as if they have all been suddenly un-stuck. Mine was scanned in Anchorage at 12:05 p.m. Anchorage time. It says Int'l Shipment Release at 12:41 p.m., so I suppose it has cleared customs. It still shows delivery by 4:30 p.m. on the 22nd to NJ. I placed the order at 4:07 a.m. Eastern time on 3/11.

TedraL00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has also decided to take a vacation on the island. It was picked up on the 15th but is still just sitting on the island. Even checked this morning and no movement. Fedex tracking says it is on time to be delivered by 4:30 on the 22nd but we will see.

It is in Alaska now. Thank heaven. I will just have to be a little more patient.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine left HK on the 18th

Arrived Ak 3/19 at lunch time, departed same day at suppertime and hit Newark three hours age on the 20th. Tracking shows delivery, a four hour drive from Newark, on the 23rd

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
Arrived Ak 3/19 at lunch time, departed same day at suppertime and hit Newark three hours age on the 20th. Tracking shows delivery, a four hour drive from Newark, on the 23rd

Yours and mine are travel companions. Mine got to Newark at the same time yours did. I'm about 1 hour away and it is still showing delivery on the 22nd.

I am hopeful that it can beat that. DH's was in the same position and then, overnight, it got to our local FedEx and on the truck.

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sanantoniotx said:
Mine doesn't seem to have made it aboard the plane to Alaska! It is still stuck in HK.

Sorry to hear that. When did it get to HK?

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
southpaw said:

I think mine is with sanantoniotx's. It's been on Lantau Island HK since March 18. Delivery scheduled on the 23rd (originally marked for 22nd). FedEx says it will get here on the 23rd. I'm guessing it will start moving quickly starting Monday.

sanantoniotx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
southpaw said:

I think mine is with sanantoniotx's. It's been on Lantau Island HK since March 18. Delivery scheduled on the 23rd (originally marked for 22nd). FedEx says it will get here on the 23rd. I'm guessing it will start moving quickly starting Monday.

I hope so. I was hoping for a surprise delivery before the 23rd but that idea is long gone now. Only a couple of more days though!

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lost in Space

Must be something truely wonderfull about LANTAU ISLAND HK as my Ipad 2 has spent it's third night there.....waiting for the jet plane.

Regards
Steve

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must be something truely wonderfull about LANTAU ISLAND HK as my Ipad 2 has spent it's third night there.....waiting for the jet plane.

Hong Kong Disneyland is situated on Lantau Island, as is the Tian Tan Buddha, so always worth a day or two's sightseeing for visitors. (Hong Kong International Airport is also on Lantau, which explains the proximity of shipping warehouses.)

Most reactions