What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not connecting to server

Reaction score
While I was using my Ipad 2, it suddenly showed the following message: "Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to teh server." I'm on my laptop now with no such problem. I checked my wi-fi connection and it says I'm connected. I've turned it off for a few seconds but it didn't help. I'm still running ioS 7. Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's some kind of bug in Safari. My iPad is on iOS 9 beta 1 and the same thing just happened to me a few minutes ago. I force closed Safari and it's working fine now.

OP
B
Reaction score
I can't even open Safari. When I click on "Safari" it opens to the last page I had open. That page displays the "Safari cannot open the page. . ." message. When I click on the "+" sign in the top right corner, then "yahoo" to open that browser, the same message appears.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting your iPhone? Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPhone to restart.

Most reactions