What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not being detected

JF7FSU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 2 to 4.3.1 and I cant get either of my computers to detect the iPad. One is win7 and one is Vista. Used different cables too. Anyone else having this issue? My iPhone 4 is detected.

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 2 to 4.3.1 and I cant get either of my computers to detect the iPad. One is win7 and one is Vista. Used different cables too. Anyone else having this issue? My iPhone 4 is detected.

Is the iPad charging, either from the computer or AC? If not, you may have a problem with your dock connector since you've tried 2 different cables and 2 computers.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
My xp machine wouldnt recognise my iPad 2 at all when I first pugged it into iTunes when it arrived a couple of days ago.

Turns out I needed to update the drivers in the windows device manager.

Works a treat!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my Ipad 2 connected to an Acer 8930 and also have problems with connecting. I need to change to the USB on the other side and back whenever I reconnect.

nrg4878

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar problem where iTunes wouldnt recognize iPad2 & iPad2 kept asking me to connect to iTunes. I tried everything in this forum(switching USB ports, attempted to update USB drivers(I already had the latest) etc) but nothing worked. Windows kept seeing iPad 2 as a digital camera. I then installed the LATEST iTunes version, 10.2.2 & that worked. Hope this helps.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After update to the latest soft no more problem with USB.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts