What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD-2 New features. Most of them - Not for me

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rgollmit said:
Can the IPhone Apps be used on the IPad
at no cost, or do you have to purchase
them again?

iPhone apps you have purchased will run on the iPad without having to repurchase.

However, I've found that I don't like having non-iPad-specific apps on my iPad. The iPad-specific apps are just so much better.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That's good to know.
Not all iPhone apps are designed only for the iPhone. Many of my iPhone apps are universal apps so the same app is both iPhone and iPad friendly (e.g., iTap RDP, Navigon, etc.).

I have apps I bought as far back as 2008 that are now iPhone 4 HD and iPad friendly.... never had to pay a dime to upgrade.

Michael

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stefx said:
How much RAM?

Apple doesn't specify the RAM, but it is safe to assume that iPad 2 has 512MB.

It is not the spec race ... it is the software ... it is how iOS uses memory ... with iOS4.3 there is substantial improvement in memory efficiency. Safari is faster. Garageband is spectacular (probably needs dual core, by the way, for all the extra goodies to perform properly) ... all the new apps willl be better because of a better processor/embedded GPU at 9 times the performance as well. Professionals need mirroring for selling and training. Video conferencing is important also. Thinner, lighter means EZr to hold, less tiring.

Oh, by the way RAM has increased ... you can read the speculations as well as some of us.

Hey, if you can get by with you iPAD it is still a great touch screen computer ... you have lots of company ... about 15 million enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After using it for 3 days now I can say the iPad 2 is indeed noticibly faster than my iPad 1.

iPad 2 Benchmarked

Apple iPad 2 Preview - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

35893.png

Michael

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious - have you upgraded your iPad 1 to 4.3 yet? I'm curious how much faster that makes web browsing on the iPad 1....

Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Just curious - have you upgraded your iPad 1 to 4.3 yet? I'm curious how much faster that makes web browsing on the iPad 1....

I couldn't notice any difference in the browsing speed.

What is notably different is, that 4.3 runs much smoother than jb 4.2.1. Multitasking, etc. work better, even when compared to Backgrounder.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:

I am not real knowledgable about the update but I think the increase in speed only effects webpages that include JavaScript.

Most reactions