What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPAD-2 New features. Most of them - Not for me

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It look nice, but bottom line for me personally, and the way I use the iPAD, I don't seem to lose that much.

1. I am not into creating Music.
  2. I am not into editing Video.
  3. I am taking pictures with a real Camera.
  4. Video conf is nice but I hardly need it.
  5. Smart Cover ? big deal

1. It is 31% thinner - Good.
  2. I weigh 15% less - Very handy when reading in bed.
  3. Fast Internal processor - That one I may miss. But maybe not.
  4. HDMI - Very handy. But I use my PC HDMI allready.

Any othe Major Point guys ?

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still love my iPad 1 and don't see a need to upgrade but would trade my 1 for a 2 in a second.

The price is great, I wonder what this will do for the used price of an iPad 1????

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Typical apple, I can't believe they didn't even raise the memory, memory is so cheap. Anyway I got mine used for 350 so if anybody wants mine for 400 with an apple case that is the only way I will upgrade. Engadget already said the a5 doesn't make a difference because if it's dual core no apps are even made to handle that it will just act as one.

And I'm I the only one that hates the new body it's too curvy. And I can't believe the body leaked again since it is the same as ces show

II HandyMan II

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have forgotten the 9x faster graphics?

The more I read the more I realise the only clinchers would be the faster chip.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It sounds good for some but I already had decided that the 1 would be fine for 2 generations anyhow. I'm buying a new camera body this Spring and my Ipad still does what I need (and I do use it a lot for quite diverse things) so I kniw my priorities LOL.

As for reading in bed I love my Propup. i don't even have to hold it. A good $25 spent.

Diane

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it has 512mb. Kinda low. And it does not have 9x better graphics processing. If it did it would be like 2x better than any technology out today. Its a marketing thing. It might be 9x better in one respect, not overall.
35417.png

can't wait trip see out benchmarks though. Love the power vr sgx chip it uses.

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it has 512mb. Kinda low. And it does not have 9x better graphics processing. If it did it would be like 2x better than any technology out today. Its a marketing thing. It might be 9x better in one respect, not overall.
35417.png

can't wait trip see out benchmarks though. Love the power vr sgx chip it uses.

New ipad uses dual core gpu also..dont count it out yet. We know for sure its way more powerful thn first generation. Stop trying to find the negatives n look at the positives..lmao i know u love android but xoom sux, accept it ;-)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While I definitly wouln't plan on using the camera for my serious picture taking, I can see several compeling uses, some of them very nice answers to problems presented in this forum.

Want those conference handouts on you iPad. Picture it, pdf it, annotate it. And eventually, maybe even OCR it. Dare I venture FAX it, for those old school companies.

Book, CD, or DVD library. Scan the bar code for quick entry.

Inventory, a picture of the item would be nice, or maybe even the shelf you stuffed it on.

Video notes would be a terrific addtion to EverNote, don't you think? And if they don't do it, someone else will. And iMovie would be a pretty good way to clean them up for addtion to a presentation later. I wonder if you could export the iMovie to iTunes and then add it to a Keynote presentation?

While Garage Band is mostly for musicians, I wonder what you could do with the abiltiy to import, splice, and multitrack audio notes?

Ok, enough. My imagination is running wild. I knew I'd get it if it had the two things I wanted, a camera and a significant speed bump, but I didn't think they could get me excited again. It's mostly the potential for the apps that has me spinning. Guess I'm just easy. :D

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I definitly wouln't plan on using the camera for my serious picture taking, I can see several compeling uses, some of them very nice answers to problems presented in this forum.

Want those conference handouts on you iPad. Picture it, pdf it, annotate it. And eventually, maybe even OCR it. Dare I venture FAX it, for those old school companies.

Book, CD, or DVD library. Scan the bar code for quick entry.

Inventory, a picture of the item would be nice, or maybe even the shelf you stuffed it on.

Video notes would be a terrific addtion to EverNote, don't you think? And if they don't do it, someone else will. And iMovie would be a pretty good way to clean them up for addtion to a presentation later. I wonder if you could export the iMovie to iTunes and then add it to a Keynote presentation?

While Garage Band is mostly for musicians, I wonder what you could do with the abiltiy to import, splice, and multitrack audio notes?

Ok, enough. My imagination is running wild. I knew I'd get it if it had the two things I wanted, a camera and a significant speed bump, but I didn't think they could get me excited again. It's mostly the potential for the apps that has me spinning. Guess I'm just easy. :D

Good points, feeling the same way! App potential is sky high now!

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New ipad uses dual core gpu also..dont count it out yet. We know for sure its way more powerful thn first generation. Stop trying to find the negatives n look at the positives..lmao i know u love android but xoom sux, accept it ;-)

I have said nothing but negative things about the Xoom, what are you talking about? If you are gonna make things up why not just go crazy and have me defending the Augen as a competitor to the iPad2??

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Agree. I was surprised not to see some sort of game demo that showed the potential of the new HW. The movie app was impressive but I would have liked to see something that knocked my socks off!

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Agree. I was surprised not to see some sort of game demo that showed the potential of the new HW. The movie app was impressive but I would have liked to see something that knocked my socks off!

Watch this:

HP TouchPad shoots down planes, shows off next-gen Snapdragon's GPU (video) -- Engadget

And realize that its using a dumpy Adreno 220 GPU. The iPad2 has a monster of a GPU in it. I know because my phone runs the version just below what the iPad 2 has. Games will far surpass what that tablet is shown doing.

Most reactions