1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad 2 monitor glitch ( HELP!!!!)

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by schweinsteiger39, Jun 11, 2012.

1. schweinsteiger39

schweinsteiger39 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have a iPad 2 16gb (jailbroken) and i broke the screen a few months ago and replaced a new screen from a tech place.Then recently my iPad start clicking randomly on the virtual keyboard, like when i am typing it suddenly keep turning the cap lock on and off, it's like a ghost clicking randomly on my keyboard!!! I tried different methods like force restarting the iPad because i thought it's the problem of the app but it didn't work. I try taking off the screen protector but it doesn't help either. I uninstall some recent cydia tweaks and sometimes it went back to normal. I don't know what to do now because i didn't get my screen replacement from apple and the tech place don't offer returns (the warranty is over). I am really sad :( and i would be very thankful and appreciated if anyone can help me. Thanks a lot and have a great day!
  2. schweinsteiger39

schweinsteiger39 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please guys I really need help :( I'm really sad and frustrated now :(
  3. ash303

ash303 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you dropped it or anything? Have you tried to back your ipad up and unjailbreak it? If that doesn't work, I would assume it's either a bad digitizer, or the digitizer connection is loose.
  4. chino

chino iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm also having this issue without using a screen protector. My device is not jail broken and only seems to do it when it is humid and my finger are clammy. I went out to Cali for a week a few weeks ago, and it didn't do it once. I think it's because the air is a lot dryer out there.
  5. Department Q

Department Q iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Random Digitizer Movements Video

I have a similar issue but worse. This iPad has recently had the digitizer, flex ribbon cable, and WiFi Antenna replaced. This is the second digitizer I have installed into this unit. The first one worked fine and this one acts as if I am constantly pressing the space bar. It also clicks on links online and zooms the page as if the digitizer were touched. It appears that the iPad screen is being touched randomly. My guess is a bad digitizer and not logic board because I had one working recently before this digitizer was installed. Sad and frustrating. Avoid the Cheap ones from Amazon. Where can I get an OEM?

Here is a video of whats happening: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0SjQI5eMuDkdzdvSWdSWjFCTG8/edit