What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Mirroring On An HDTV Via HDMI Adapter

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZrKh6nNknQ[/ame]​

One of the new features on the iPad 2 is it's full mirroring support. Unlike older devices, the iPad 2 can mirror everything you do on the screen instead of certain apps. This is a big help to people who use their iPads to demonstrate something like a project or for developers, APPS!

The mirroring feature does come in handy while playing games, but unless you have a long HDMI cord, it's going to get a bit annoying. Games like Real Racing are fun since you get to use the iPad as the controller and don't have to look down as much with simple controls. But other games like Angry Birds make it a bit pointless since you have to look where your thumbs are.

So if you are someone that watches a lot of movies on your iPad and your TV this might be good for you since you can project them on your HDTV with this method. In the end, you really have to ask yourself how much you will be using this, and if it is worth the $40 for you?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't have an HDTV, but don't met of them have an audio input that could be connected to the headphone jack?

mossfur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mossfur

Great write up kid [i am 68],liked the part about if you really need this,well i do not but will buy asap anyway,great vid also,keep em coming.

GoatGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So wait...its a HDMI output and it doesn't allow you to watch movies..what other app could we use to mirror and play a movie w/ audio since iMovie wont.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great write up kid [i am 68],liked the part about if you really need this,well i do not but will buy asap anyway,great vid also,keep em coming.

Judging by the size of the font you're using I think that mirroring on a big screen will be welcome for you!:p

Most reactions

Latest posts