What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 microphone issue !

eng.sameh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello guys
this my first post here ,, hope you help me !
this my 6 month old ipad 2 yup it's steel under warrenty coverage but the apple store so far from me so i need a home fix
i have the famous micophone issue my mic recording level very low so i need to stuck my mouse into that small hole !
so i read about that famous trick about vacuming the microphone hole by using the vacuum cleaner and i did it and it worked !!!
i had very great quality then after couple of hours the sound started getting lower and lower tell it reached the lowest case again needs your mouth stuck to the hole it reached that in 72 h (3days) so , i did it again it took a little bit more time to do it and after it worked perfectly again ,3 days it backs again to low recording voice ! i did that 3 times :( and every time it go back to what it was. that takes 3 days or less
so is there any help
itried
respring , reset , reboot , power off , vacuum. .. every thing works for a sometime and go back ..

please don't tell me to restore because it's not software problem i am sure when i vacuum it some thing gots back again idk what but that what i can explain
note: my ipad is coverd by a cover it's not smart it's looks like the case that was for ipad1 but it only have magnets !
so please help !!
thanks

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not get an ipad microphone. Google it and you will get several hits.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM and I'm glad you had at least partial success with the vacuum method. All I can think is that you are maybe moving the obstruction and over time it is settling back into place and causing the same physical obstruction again.

So all I can really suggest is to keep trying the same thing again in the hope that you dislodge it and remove it completely on one attempt. Sorry I can't be of any more help, but I culled this advice from elsewhere, and have been suggesting it since it is known to work.

OP
E

eng.sameh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM and I'm glad you had at least partial success with the vacuum method. All I can think is that you are maybe moving the obstruction and over time it is settling back into place and causing the same physical obstruction again.

So all I can really suggest is to keep trying the same thing again in the hope that you dislodge it and remove it completely on one attempt. Sorry I can't be of any more help, but I culled this advice from elsewhere, and have been suggesting it since it is known to work.

thanks for replying
so how to do that !!
what you suggest how to fix it in that place !
you mean that i keep trying in vacuuming like that every time it get low !!

Linda1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eng.sameh said:
thanks for replying
so how to do that !!
what you suggest how to fix it in that place !
you mean that i keep trying in vacuuming like that every time it get low !!

I had a problem with mine.. The mike just recorded static. I finally took it back to apple and they just replaced my iPad 2 with a new one.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
E

eng.sameh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Linda ,, i can get it back to apple and catch new one but it take a lot of time and maybe the new one have a new issue i wouldn't know it :)
so this one have little problem and i could solve it by vacuum every 3 days or leave it and use external mic
the topic only for know what does makes the mic goes like that

RLPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple said they will replace mine but I'm worried that it is refurbished and not in as good a shape as mine. Should I just keep mine warrenty up in a month.

Most reactions